DTR T2100

I think it's fair to say very little is know about the DTR T2100, at a guess, I would say it probably has similar hardware to the 2000T, but as it is a replacement for the DTR T1000/1010 i.e. it runs YouView firmware, it will have all the same restrictions of it's predecessors

I had one of the DTR T2100 delivered free from BT the other day, and it does seem very limited in terms of what you can do. I only wanted it so I can watch the BT sports channels, and can't help feeling I'm losing more than I gaining using it instead of the HDR T2. Looks like I'll just have to run them side by side and only switch the YouView box on when I need it.

It may be worth while for the Mods. to rename this forum to :-

DTR-T1000/T1010/T2100 (YouView) Freeview Recorder

I have renamed this forum, but wonder whether a generic "YouView Freeview HD Recorder" forum containing Sub-Forums for each model, would be more appropriate.

Seems like a good idea, it will keep the length of the title shorter, there also seems to be some confusion between the T2100 and the T2110 models, maybe they are the same thing

I had one of the DTR T2100 delivered free from BT the other day, and it does seem very limited in terms of what you can do. I only wanted it so I can watch the BT sports channels, and can't help feeling I'm losing more than I gaining using it instead of the HDR T2. Looks like I'll just have to run them side by side and only switch the YouView box on when I need it.

I am getting one free to review for Amazon Vine. It looks like you have to live with the high power consumption still if you want to use the mobile apps. If you don't, then startup time seems to have been halved to about 1 minute 30 seconds as far as I can see.

Not sure how this will stack up (literally) with my other boxes. It seems quite small and only has a laptop drive inside. Given that the awful grotesque box I got from BT has a Blu-Ray player sitting on top of it at the moment, I may have to think carefully about this. If the Youview box isn't too deep it will have to go on top of the Blu-Ray player, which is already wider than the other Humax boxes but is not very deep, about half as deep as them.

Just got it and it's tiny. It fits easily on top of the Sony Blu-Ray player. It doesn't make an elegant stack, though.

The EPG is quicker, but start-up time is still a total disgrace. And why does initializing the box wipe all recordings? So stupid!

I will try putting a larger HDD in some time. I only have a spare 750Gb one to try, being a laptop 2.5" drive rather than a desktop 3.5" one.

Thoughts: If I insert a new drive, re-initialize, and then stick the original one back, will that screw up the original drive?

Back