Duplicating recording.

Ken918

When selecting a programme for recording, the machine automatically records both the standard transmission and the HD version. This only happens when recording BBC 1. Am I missing something?

When selecting a programme for recording, the machine automatically records both the standard transmission and the HD version. This only happens when recording BBC 1. Am I missing something?

Mine doesn't although you can set both if you wish. Are you setting a HD recording from the SD epg and expecting to see the confirmation on the SD epg, and then setting a second. If you look at the recording schedule you should see both if you have set two. Easy enough to delete the one you don't want.

Are you sure it doesn't do this with BBC TWO and Channel 5 as well? ITV and Channel 4 don't link their HiDef versions to the StDef version, but 1, 2, and 5 do.

On the HD-FOX and HDR-FOX, selecting a programme from a HiDef service in the EPG just offers the various recording options (record, series record, or reminder). Selecting a programme from a StDef service that has a linked HiDef service then offers the option to choose the HiDef or StDef service before going on to offer the recording options.

BBC Four and BBC News also offer HiDef from StdDef EPG.
Looks like I need to do some more investigating, and slow down when pushing buttons. When selecting a program from a StDef in the EPG but waiting for the options to appear, I can now record only the selected version.
So, thank you for your help.

Back