Easiest way to clone packages, settings etc from one Hummy to another?

I have copied all packages and settings on to a new disk using rsync: see here. You can also do this over a network: see the link in the first post for the method.

It's easy enough to set up from scratch - it only takes 10 minutes and doing so will ensure a clean install with the latest revision of the software packages. Cloning an installation will clone any latent instabilities into a different environment (where slight differences may make them more noticeable).

Having said that, it would be nice to have a utility that could snapshot a system (in terms of listing the installed packages and configuration) and then reconstruct that configuration on another machine by importing a text file or something.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. On my current system the System Monitor no longer works i.e. the graphs don't appear and I didn't want my new system to then "inherit" this feature.

That's what I was asking about ideally - just an easy way to export and then import a package list with settings.

On my current system the System Monitor no longer works i.e. the graphs don't appear and I didn't want my new system to then "inherit" this feature.
There have been reported problems with Sysmon in the past and the 'easy' fix is to delete the monitoring database but that loses all your history, more complicated is to fix the corruption in the database - I don't remember the details but no doubt a forum search will reveal what is needed.

You probably would not to copy the monitor data to a new system anyway.

There have been reported problems with Sysmon in the past and the 'easy' fix is to delete the monitoring database but that loses all your history, more complicated is to fix the corruption in the database - I don't remember the details but no doubt a forum search will reveal what is needed.

You probably would not to copy the monitor data to a new system anyway.

Thanks, I spoke too soon though as I put the latest custom firmware on my new machine and also updated my original machine at the same time and now the monitoring is working again!!

more complicated is to fix the corruption in the database - I don't remember the details but no doubt a forum search will reveal what is needed.
I don't think anyone's fixed the database - I posted a method of extracting what could be extracted from the corrupt one to generate a new one, which is a bit better than starting from scratch.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having problems with Sysmon and need to delete monitor database.

How do I do that please?

Yes - it's the actual process of doing that I'm struggling with...!

I need to telnet in and type something? Sorry, I'm a total novice.

Do you have webshell installed? If so, you can go to WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Command Line and use the following incantation (type in your PIN when prompted, and get a command prompt by typing "cli"):

rm /mod/monitor/monitor.db

Back