Editing and Conversion Software

tobyjuggler

Can people please recommend what they think is the best (Windows freeware) software for editing .ts video files and converting them to more common formats and keeps video quality as close as possible to the .ts files, whilst reducing their size? Thanks.

Why bother with freeware, when you can get VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 for the Bargain price of $95.99 (Less than £57).

Forgive my blindness for not spotting an already comprehensive compilation of threads. I've tried a couple of the free programs (AVIDemux for editing out adverts and Handbrake for recoding) and also the time-limited demo of VideoReDo. I found AVIDemux and Handbrake very easy to use after a couple of goes. I can definitely see why VideoReDo has been recommended by two people in this thread as it's a one stop shop and easy to use right from the get go. Will continue experimenting. Thanks guys.

I use Video to Video, although I havn't got any ts files to convert, It says it does ts files in the open dialogue box. But is a great converter for many types of files, has an easy to use interface, and will save your favourite settings. Works with Windows and is very fast, there is a installation version to go on your hard drive, and a portable option. No logos ect on your converted files, and it's totally free.
Here's the details. video to video org.http://www.videotovideo.org/

I havn't got any ts files to convert, It says it does ts files in the open dialogue box. .
It does convert .ts files but there is a slight sync problem, this can be fixed in the settings.
It joins video files, audio files, and will covert to dvd, and has the option to remove adverts.

Last edited:
Yes Chrome says it's malicious, but when running Chrome this morning, my antivirus told that my browser had unsafe and unstable add-ons and recommended that I removed them, and after removing the add-ons, I downloaded Video To Video portable again, It was reported as malicious again. I downloaded the installation version with no problems. I am happy to use Video Video full version.
I use Firefox as my default browser, and had no problems downloading the portable version.
I am uninstalling chrome because it's unsafe and not reliable.

Back