Emley Moor Transmitter channel 32 gone AWOL

digitl

I've three FOX T2s and have lost most of the channels on Emley Moor transmitter's channel 32 on all of them. Only Freeview channels 81, 106 and 205 channels are showing broadcasts, the rest, like BBC News HD on 107, report 'no signal or the broadcast is scrambled'.

Oddly enough, my LG TV has all the channels.

All of the Humax boxes and the TV are fed from a multiswitch through a triplex socket.

Anyone any idea on what might be happening?

I've three FOX T2s and have lost most of the channels on Emley Moor transmitter's channel 32 on all of them. Only Freeview channels 81, 106 and 205 channels are showing broadcasts, the rest, like BBC News HD on 107, report 'no signal or the broadcast is scrambled'.
I am not sure it is quite the same problem but yesterday I saw an occurrence of a problem that I don't recollect seeing before. I was watching live BBC One (which is unusual as I mainly watch recorded material) and suddenly the picture vanished and was replaced with the same error message "no signal or the broadcast is scrambled". I tried a few other channels and all the ones I tried were giving the same message so I put the box into standby, waited for the hard drive to stop spinning and then turned of the mains power for a few seconds. On restarting the box was behaving fine.

It's sorted.

For now?

I switched the TV and Humax aerial leads over on one box, set up yet another automatic channel search on the Humax, and all of the channels were found. Swapping the aerial leads back over made no difference, all of the channels remained. The TV had all the channels no matter which aerial lead was connected.

I haven't a clue as to what was going on!

Check the connections in the lead that gives the dodgy results for good connection/no whiskers shorting the centre core to the outer braid. Do they both come from the same aerial with a splitter?

Back