"Enable Content Sharing" keeps resetting to off

Recently DetectAds has stopped working, and I noticed that the "Enable Content Sharing" option had reset itself to off. I reset it, but then a couple of days later it turned itself back off again. This has happened a few times now. I'm guessing that it's being reset when the Humax restarts.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Recently DetectAds has stopped working, and I noticed that the "Enable Content Sharing" option had reset itself to off. I reset it, but then a couple of days later it turned itself back off again. This has happened a few times now. I'm guessing that it's being reset when the Humax restarts.
Has anyone else had this issue?
I think it is quite a common problem. I think the boot_settings package has an option to keep content sharing on.

There must be a reason. It doesn't just do it. Probably a corrupt DLNA database (do a DLNA Reset) or a corrupt recording (find and delete it).

There must be a reason. It doesn't just do it. Probably a corrupt DLNA database (do a DLNA Reset) or a corrupt recording (find and delete it).
Thanks - I've just done a DLNA reset.
Not sure how I'd spot the corrupt recording though???

You should check you don't have boot-settings set to turn sharing off. The factory restart wizard also turns it off (the default).

Not sure how I'd spot the corrupt recording though???
The only way I know is that a corrupt recording prevents the unit going into standby properly. Then it's a case of moving recordings out of My Video on a divide-and-conquer basis.

Another possibility is that there's something on your network upsetting it. Has anything changed recently (software or hardware)? Do you have the dlna-filter package installed and configured appropriately?

Another possibility is that there's something on your network upsetting it. Has anything changed recently (software or hardware)? Do you have the dlna-filter package installed and configured appropriately?
Yes I do have dlna-filter installed.
My environment is a bit of a moving feast. From a network/media server point of view: a Google Nest Hub Max appeared in the house a few weeks ago, and is linked up to my pre-existing Logitech Media Server. There are also periodic Home Assistant upgrades. Not sure if any of that is likely to cause a problem?

You should check you don't have boot-settings set to turn sharing off. The factory restart wizard also turns it off (the default).

The only way I know is that a corrupt recording prevents the unit going into standby properly. Then it's a case of moving recordings out of My Video on a divide-and-conquer basis.
I have had some success in detecting corrupt recordings causing delinquent half awake using lsof it is worth a try before resorting to moving recordings

I have had some success in detecting corrupt recordings causing delinquent half awake using lsof it is worth a try before resorting to moving recordings
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll investigate lsof.

In the meantime I had another couple of strange symptoms earlier today:
1. Two recordings had failed; they were showing as zero length, and when I tried to play them back I got a message like "unable to track recording"
2. When I tried to access the web IF I got a message saying that no hard drive was detected in the Humax. This was surprising, as I had only replaced the HDD with a new one a couple of months ago, I rebooted and the problem seems to have gone away.

I have no idea if this was related to the other issues

Back