Enabling FTP on HD-FOX T2?

leicray

I have updated my HD-Fox T2 to the latest firmware (1.02.20) but I cannot find a way to enable the FTP server. The advice is to enable it using Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP server. However, that final menu page has no setting for FTP server. All that's there is Configure Wi-Fi and Configure LAN. The former is greyed out as I have no Wi-Fi dongle installed.

I have no hard disk attached, just a USB stick. Is that why there is no configure option for FTP?

Can anybody help?

The HD model does Not have an FTP server built in, but this feature can be added if you use the modified firmware. You will probably need to attach an external HDD to make the box a single tuner PVR, then it would be worth while.

The HD model does Not have an FTP server built in, but this feature can be added if you use the modified firmware. You will probably need to attach an external HDD to make the box a single tuner PVR, then it would be worth while.

Thanks Brian. I tried to install the modified firmware but got a HUGE number of error messages when I attempted the web interface download and install. The Humax is still functional but the web interface is broken. Flashed it back to 1.02.20 for now.

Thanks af123. There's no substitute for getting it straight from the horse's mouth :). I've just placed an order for a USB HDD which ought to arrive by the end of the week.

Back