Encrypted streams?

sohlinux

Why can I stream some programs and not others on the web interface? im using vlc from the web interface

192.168.0.2/cgi-bin/browse.jim?dir=/media

Flags New
Flags Encrypted Guidance ODEncrypted
Flags New Encrypted ODEncrypted
Flags ODEncrypted

thanks

Before you can stream a video it needs to be allocated a DNLA URL, this is done by the Humax automatically but it takes some time, you need the symbol to the right of the DEC symbol

symbols.jpg

interesting...

I noticed that anything on my external hard drive which is marked HD video is also marked "New Encrypted ODEncrypted" so I cannot play them over the web interface,

all other video on the internal drive marked HD are not encrypted?

is there anyway of decrypting the external hard drive HD videos so I can stream them?

If you have auto-unprotect running it will only work Video files on the internal Hard disk, The decrypting process has two stages:-
1) Remove the ENC flag (un-protect), This unlocks the file but it doesn't decrypt
2) Decrypt the file using the one off web-If feature or auto un-encrypt (Overnight)

If you have auto-unprotect running it will only work Video files on the internal Hard disk, The decrypting process has two stages:-
1) Remove the ENC flag (un-protect), This unlocks the file but it doesn't decrypt
2) Decrypt the file using the one off web-If feature or auto un-encrypt (Overnight)

OK so I guess I will have to copy the videos back to the internal, unless there is a way around it?

could I make a symbolic link from the external to the internal hard drive? if so would it then auto-unprotect? hhm interesting thought...

Possibly, if you linked from somewhere under "My Video", but the indexer would have to do its stuff first. Let us know how you get on.

StDef content copied to USB using the handset OPT+ would have decrypted it, ditto HiDef if you had cleared the Enc flag first. Copying using the WebIF media browser would not.

Ill try to copy them back and forth to clear the crypts

meanwhile...
in ssh - in My Video folder I tried ln -s /media/drive1/, it created the symlink to drive1 which is the external drive but it doesnt show up on the humax menu. any ideas? the symlink is root owned , hhhm..

You're playing with the unknown, it depends what Humax have kept in / stripped out from their version of the kernel etc. We have some hints that mounting a network share under "My Video" gets it indexed, but there is no guarantee a symlink will do the same. What about a hard link?

a hard link ln /media/drive1/ shows "Invalid cross-device link"

how can I mount a network share to the humax external drive under "My Video" ?

thanks!

You will find a great deal on here already, via the links I have posted in reply to your other queries or via the Wiki (link at the top of every forum page), but you do seem to be breaking some new ground.

could I make a symbolic link from the external to the internal hard drive? if so would it then auto-unprotect? hhm interesting thought...
You may find that auto-unprotect will not unprotect files from an external disk in the HDR even with a bind mount. If it is working it should clear the orange ENC flag. If you have the bind mount working, the easiest way to remove this flag would be to force a complete unprotect of the whole "My Video" tree. This can be done as follows:

Code:
rm /mod/.unprotect.last
/mod/sbin/unprotect

This assumes that you have auto-unprotect installed.

I have a streaming related question....
I read up on the "save last streaming function" and tried it out on Sky F1 through the skyplayer.
It recorded and transferred fine, i started to play it but was unable to fast forward or rewind, not having patience i parked it for a while and left it.
Yesterday i went back to watch- first i tried on the Hummy and it hung, then said could not read data ( or similar) and then i transferred it across to my laptop to play the MP4 on that. This time it tried to connect to sky to get permission to play the file and came back unable to!!!
Has anyone else tried this or had this experience especially with Sky streams off the skyplayer?
Is there any workaround? I am guessing the data somehow is flagged being time or media player dependent?

The "save last streamed" function is only known to work for BBC iPlayer and YouTube - what gets saved is exactly what gets sent from the server so if the MP4 contains DRM then the saved copy will also have DRM.

You may find that auto-unprotect will not unprotect files from an external disk in the HDR even with a bind mount. If it is working it should clear the orange ENC flag. If you have the bind mount working, the easiest way to remove this flag would be to force a complete unprotect of the whole "My Video" tree. This can be done as follows:

Code:
rm /mod/.unprotect.last
/mod/sbin/unprotect

This assumes that you have auto-unprotect installed.

that worked! thanks! :)

Back