End of recordings missing when i use red record button

fatbloke

Is there a way that the hdr can automatically add say five Min's to a recording when using the red record button. I've missed the end of a programme three or four times now. My brother in law tried this over Christmas on my hdr and then rushed off to rugby. When he came home and watched the rest off the film it stopped before the end, much to his annoyance. I've noticed the pvr doesn't add any extra time at all, you have to do it manually. My sister told me their sky box has never done this in over six years, so presumably sky allow for this. Can the hdr be set to do this automatically?

EDIT: Sorry please disregard this - it applies to T2 not Foxsat. See later posting!

If I remember rightly pressing the red record button for an already recording program records for a set time, or until scheduled end time (can't remember which off hand).
If you press red record button a second time it gives several options including "record till end of this program" (meaning when channel sends the end signal).
I suspect this may be your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If I remember rightly pressing the red record button for an already recording program records for a set time, or until scheduled end time (can't remember which off hand).
If you press red record button a second time it gives several options including "record till end of this program" (meaning when channel sends the end signal).
I suspect this may be your problem.
Are you sure it does this on the FOXSAT-HDR? I ask because the freeview HDR-FOX-T2 option "record till end of this program" does not mean when channel sends the end signal.
Pressing the red record button a second time on the freeview HDR-FOX-T2 brings up the following 3 options:
  • Set Manually - this provids the oportunity to extend or reduce the recording time by 10 minute increments
  • End of current programme - the end being the scheduled time according to the epg
  • End of next programme - the end being the scheduled time according to the epg
If you want to try out the 2nd option then wait until the next programme to be broadcast is The One Show. The One Show always starts early. Selecting the second option will result in the beginning of The One Show also being recorded. (The One Show starts again on the 7th Janaury.)

The foxsat-hdr brings up a menu that allows you to specify recording times you have to to accept the offered times. you can't specify your own as far as I can tell. Initial time offered is time to scheduled end of the current programme. Unlike the HDR-FOX T2 you can't go back in the timeshift buffer and record from that point.

Sorry for last post, I was referring to T2 not foxsat.
I must check topic more carefully in future - perhaps a new year resolution!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back