Enhancements to music/ photo playing via the webif???

I realise that the way the Hummy base software is configured mean that the options available for playing music and photos are fixed. This to be honest has caused me to never use that part of the box.
However is there any way using the Webif we could open up the possibilities and tinker slightly with the options available for playing music, picking playlists, etc???
I haven't looked at this in any depth as to what would be a nice to have but if its possible maybe we could throw it open to create a wish list.
It just seems a shame to not use the custom firmware for music and pictures rather than just tv if the capability is there.....? Use 100% of the box....

I think we need to find out if it is possible to add any features in this area using the Custom firmware before producing a wish list

I've simply plugged the phono out of the humax into my hifi to listen to music/internet radio with the telly off.

I've simply plugged the phono out of the humax into my hifi to listen to music/internet radio with the telly off.

I think the problem is selecting what you will be listening to, with TV switched off, although the Web-If Virtual Remote Control can select freeview Radio stations and tell you which channel you are on

For me i am happy with the tv on, its more about having more control about playing music and photos together, being able to pick more than one music folder to random play, create a new playlist possibly. The Humax standard interface and options are a pile of pants. All my music is on my Humax ex drive, i have surround sound, i don't have a stereo...

I agree music and photo is an afterthought, barely usable, but I don't see any likelihood of being able to change it without the same kind of effort that went into the ir package (or more). I guess it would be possible to add alternative players (the processor load isn't too great for JPEG and MP3, is it?), but they would only be controllable via the WebIF (or perhaps the custom portal?), and a way would have to be found to feed their output to the sound hardware / video buffer.

In the short term you would be better off buying a network media player with the capability you want, accessing the Humax drive via the network and feeding the output separately to the home theatre.

Ok thanks for the explanation, seeing as i don't have a laptop permanently connect to the Hummy ( or on most of the time for that matter) best i stick to connecting my ipod to the surround sound system then and getting my binoculars out each time i want to change track...........

I think the problem is selecting what you will be listening to, with TV switched off, although the Web-If Virtual Remote Control can select freeview Radio stations and tell you which channel you are on
So there's a slim possibility that this could be extended to include other media options? I would find such a webif virtual remote control useful and mostly what I would want to do. I guess I need to look into the virtual remote control package.

Thanks,

T

That's looking pretty cool, thanks for the link.

It looks like it might be OK, assuming it can respond to the media button and associated key presses (via a macro record) to get it to play some audio...

Will try it out later.

Thanks again,

T

It looks like it might be OK, assuming it can respond to the media button and associated key presses (via a macro record) to get it to play some audio...

When recording a macro there are some extra delay keys that you might need to get the timing right

Back