epg-FilmAndSeries - Show NEW Films & Series

can you try opkg ?
I've never had much luck installing a 'remote' file in one go, so I usually download and then install, but it should be possible to do it, as in this example :-
Code:
humax# opkg install http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/test/webif_1.0.17-4_mipsel.opk

EDIT
I've never had much luck installing a 'remote' file in one go, so I usually download and then install, but it should be possible to do it, as in this example :-
Code:
humax# opkg install http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/test/webif_1.0.17-4_mipsel.opk
yes that works, but what web address do you include for the file in this thread?

EDIT forget it, I have done it now.

If you put all of this into a plugin you can make it upgrade safe such that you don't need to manually edit the toolbar.jim file.
Now it's in a package when the web-if was updated today I didn't have to edit toolbar.jim and its working correct.

I had had a problem with this add-on that whenever a toggle was moved, the table shifted up and then down a few seconds later, making it difficult to go down the column, turning successive entries off quickly.

It was apparent that whenever a toggle was moved, a status indicator was appearing at the top of the table for several seconds and then disappearing again, displacing the table.
By fair means or foul, I found that by editing \mod\webif\html\epg-Series-index.jim and epg-Series-index.jim, I could remove this problem.
Since the load url does not appear to return any result worth displaying, I have removed the show/hide of the results
Code:
humax# diff epg-Series-index.orig epg-Series-index.jim
--- epg-Series-index.orig
+++ epg-Series-index.jim
@@ -16,13 +16,7 @@
  escape($(this).attr('class')) +
  '&service=' +
  escape($(this).attr('name'));
-  $('#result_txt').load(url, function() {
-  if ($('#results').is(":visible") == false)
-  {
-  $('#results').show('slow');
-  $('#results').delay(3000).hide('slow');
-  }
-  });
+  $('#result_txt').load(url, function() {});
  });
 });

Since this means that results is no longer used, the lines "<div id=results" to its matching "</div>" could (but don't have to be) removed.

I share this in case anyone else wants to make the same change
or if anyone can see a problem with doing it this way (they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing :devilish:).

If you aren't interested in the result, you could just replace it with
Code:
$.get(url);
but I can't see any problems with what you've done.

I had had something different in mind originally, but was unable to achieve the result, maybe you could advise.
Since the problem was the hide/show moving the table, I wanted a fixed size permanently visible result field.
Had load returned any text, I wanted it to appear, but disappear 3 seconds later.
I could use append to add to the text, but couldn't find out how to replace the text.
But more of a problem, I could not get a delay to work.

In shorthand I was looking for something like this...
$('#result_txt').load(url);
$('#result_txt').delay(3000);
$('#result_txt').set('');

Where do I find a language reference for these files?
I found http://jim.tcl.tk/fossil/doc/trunk/Tcl_shipped.html, which gives clues, but is obviously a somewhat different beast.

In shorthand I was looking for something like this...
$('#result_txt').load(url);
$('#result_txt').delay(3000);
$('#result_txt').set('');
I have been away and refused to type the following on my 'phone screen! : )

Code:
$('#result_txt').load(url, function() {
    $(this).delay(3000).empty();
});

It's JQuery, a javascript framework. You need to use chaining to achieve what you want (the .delay(3000).empty() above is an example) but because $.load is an asynchronous function, you need to start the delay in the callback function.

Thanks, it seems that I had been on the right track initially.
OK, I didn't know about empty(), so when I had been experimenting, I had been using append('xxx').
However, I had moved on because I found then (and can confirm again now), the delay(3000) has no effect.
Any idea why?

Back