EPG for some time ahead

I don't think it's a problem if you're happy to have the unit awake all the time, the problem is awaking it from standby remotely (or preventing it entering standby after a power-cycle reboot).
I have got to a point where rather than having the Hummy on all the time I am away, having it in standby seems to reduce the likelihood of a lockup while it is unattended. It does mean that it will only pickup new programming instructions when it wakes up to do a recording, but I've come to the conclusion this is better than worrying about it possibly locking up.

To round off this topic, the test was satis and all is now looking good.
Many, many thanks to all who have helped.
Regards,
David

How do you do that from a non-LAN device?
You could open access up via the router - but that would open up a can of worms around security so probably not worth pursuing
You could add a periodic IR 0 to crontabs to bring the box out of standby, it should be harmless if already awake
Thinking about it would probably be better done in an init.d routine then it would only force awake at boot time and wouldn't potentially prevent a shutdown attempt

We are deviating significantly from @dragnil's original question which appears to be solved

You could open access up via the router
I've never seen any such option on a domestic router. What you would call port-forwarding doesn't apply to ICMP (Ping) as there are no ports. That's a UDP/TCP thing.
So no, you can't ping devices hidden behind a NAT router.
We are deviating significantly
Yes, possibly worth continuing in another thread.

Thanks again for all help given. I met with partial success but when we returned I found that there was nothing showing in the EPG for HD channels so I did an auto retune and all is well now. Perhaps the attched file might offer some explanation to those who understand this better than I.

Attachments

• Hummy 9.23_2.JPG
    Hummy 9.23_2.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 8
Did you leave it on 24/7 or power it off every day?
Did you only get a week's worth of recordings?

Back