EPG Problem (false splits) - PBS America

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
There's a series of four programmes I'm interested in on PBS America next week called Clydebuilt (been on before, but I've only seen episode 4). They're on at lunchtime and repeated in the evening Tuesday-Friday (and on PBS America+1, obviously).

They've only gone and marked them as split! Setting a series recording ends up with each episode recording twice. I think I might be trying out that new package for cleaning up such things.

Do you mean why not just let it happen and clean up afterwards? Well, maybe - but for one thing that's not the subject for this area of the forum (I'm just letting readers know about the EPG issue).

For another: new facilities require soak testing (which is a contribution non-coders can make to the community effort).

They've only gone and marked them as split! Setting a series recording ends up with each episode recording twice.
Oh not another channel doing this! I'm really getting p'd off with split programmes. I'm sure there is no real need for the programmes to be split just to insert some celeb. news. In the case of PBS America I imagine they've marked complete programmes as split. Something I think I commented on ages ago about other channels. ( Series link and split programmes (Pick, Your TV etc)). I find I can't even manually adjust the schedule without the Humax complaining or deleting the schedule entirely. I have to set a manual timer if I don't want multiple copies. :mad:

I'm sure there is no real need for the programmes to be split just to insert some celeb. news.
I think it's an industry agreement not to broadcast a whole movie on the minor channels without breaking them.

I know you know that's not the case in the situation I am highlighting, but just in case anyone is unclear: the Clydebuilt episodes are not split - just incorrectly marked as split in the EPG which then aggravates a bug in the Humax firmware (it's supposed to ignore splits which are more than 3 hours apart).

Are we sure that it's a Humax bug?
Yes, or maybe not so much a bug but a bad implementation. It has been adequately verified that the HDR-FOX (and HD-FOX) does not conform to the specification for handling EPG entries marked as split.

Are we sure that it's a Humax bug? If so they've had plenty of chances to fix it. It's still a problem with the 2000T and 5000T. I wonder if the Aura is just as bug-ridden?
See section "8.7.2.3 Use of Instance Metadata Identifier to manage split content" of D-Book 7 Part A v 1 which is the D-Book from March 2011 (i.e. not too long shortly after the HDR-FOX T2 was first released and available thanks to wikileaks and Sony).

Back