EPG Search Issue

ian_j

Just tried doing a search on the Humax for "The Incredible Adventures of Professor Branestawm" using the term brane and got no results.

Searching for incred though brought it up.

Never had an issue before searching for partial words.

To add to the above just found another issue.

I've added "Shuttleworth Showtime" to the schedule using the Humax (as a series record) but it's not showing in the schedule.

If I search for the show again it has the icon showing next to it for series record and if I click OK I am asked if I want to cancel the recording.

IF I cancel then click OK again and add it as a one-off recording it does show in the schedule.

No idea what's going on here.

Just tried doing a search on the Humax for "The Incredible Adventures of Professor Branestawm" using the term brane and got no results.
Searching for the 7 character string 's of...' finds it (and a couple of other programmes).

To add to the above just found another issue.

I've added "Shuttleworth Showtime" to the schedule using the Humax (as a series record) but it's not showing in the schedule.

If I search for the show again it has the icon showing next to it for series record and if I click OK I am asked if I want to cancel the recording.

IF I cancel then click OK again and add it as a one-off recording it does show in the schedule.

No idea what's going on here.

Check the when.
I've been caught by this as after setting the schedule up the series link finds another programme in the series earlier than the one I picked, either a previous episode or a prepeat (possibly due to broadcaster error). Looking a bit harder at the time and date of the flagged reservation has identified the problem.

Double checked the time and there is only 1 broadcast of this on Christmas day (so far)

It's a one-off so I don't understand why the Hummy gave the option of series or one-off recording.

Double checked the time and there is only 1 broadcast of this on Christmas day (so far)

It's a one-off so I don't understand why the Hummy gave the option of series or one-off recording.
Earlier today and continuing now there are 2 episodes for this 'series' in the next 7 days. The first from 1993 is at 23:00 24/12. The second from 1994 is at 22:30 25/12.

It can only be because it carries a series CRID code. Do you have CRID display turned on in the hidden menu, so you can check? Things Every... (click) section 9.
I don't have CRID display turned on but will look into it.

Earlier today and continuing now there are 2 episodes for this 'series' in the next 7 days. The first from 1993 is at 23:00 24/12. The second from 1994 is at 22:30 25/12.
That's 2 different series;
The Shuttleworths
Shuttleworth Showtime
Same main character but definitely different series.

Just checked and they both have the same Series CRID so I bet that's the issue, by me setting the series record on the show on the 25th it actually set it for the one on the 24th 1st.

Looks like the problem is solved.

Many thanks guys.

That's 2 different series;
The Shuttleworths
Shuttleworth Showtime
Same main character but definitely different series.
The BBC have made them into a 'series'. They do this every now and again grouping programmes together which were not originally made as a series and broadcast them as a freeview 'series'.

`
I've had a closer look and the BBC have grouped a number of programmes together to form theire 'series' and not just the two Shuttleworths. The first is an episode of 'Over the Garden Wall' and therefore the timer will appear in the schedule as 'Over the Garden Wall'.

(Edited to remove typo)

Just checked and they both have the same Series CRID so I bet that's the issue, by me setting the series record on the show on the 25th it actually set it for the one on the 24th 1st.
This is what I was saying in post #6. When I said "Check the when" I meant check the actual time and date of the recording the box lists in the schedule - not the epg entry of the programme you were expecting to get.

But these shouldn't be a series, just the BBC marking them as a series which caused the problem, I was looking for a different program title.

Lewis Carroll's The Looking Glass said:
When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.
A bit like the BBC and programmes within a series.

But these shouldn't be a series, just the BBC marking them as a series which caused the problem, I was looking for a different program title.

A bit like the BBC and programmes within a series.

Many series have different title variations within the series - the recent "World's Most Extreme - ####" on C5 had a different #### each week - so there is obviously no reason to believe that a title will be consistent.
I've also noticed on occasions that the Humax schedule list often contains the original or previous week's title rather than the current one shown in the epg. I assume it can take a while to update across. I don't know about WebIf if you have CFW.

So, when you pick a programme in the epg and schedule a series record, but then find that programme isn't tagged in the epg to record: go to the schedule, select the reservation and check what day, time and channel it says. If you then go to that location in the epg (probably earlier than the one you picked originally) you will likely find that programme tagged to record.

If you have scheduled a series recording, and there is more than one item for that series within the current range of the EPG data (ie today plus seven days), you will find only the first match in Guide >> Schedule (yellow). However, by stepping the cursor down to highlight that entry, if there is more than one match a blue information line appears (just above the reservation list) "Press the Right Button for more episodes.". By pressing the right cursor key, the "single" reservation item will expand to show all matching items, which allows you to check the list of what will be recorded. You can further step down to these entries and obtain specific information about them (i button).

When the recording of the first entry completes, the next entry will be promoted as the main schedule item (the next to be actioned). If there is no other series CRID match within the scope of the EPG, the entry is sent to the end of the list with dashes in the date and time fields, pending a new EPG match. If there is no further match within 3 months the entry is deleted.

HTH

Many series have different title variations within the series - the recent "World's Most Extreme - ####" on C5 had a different #### each week - so there is obviously no reason to believe that a title will be consistent.
So, when you pick a programme in the epg and schedule a series record, but then find that programme isn't tagged in the epg to record: go to the schedule, select the reservation and check what day, time and channel it says. If you then go to that location in the epg (probably earlier than the one you picked originally) you will likely find that programme tagged to record.
Correct

Back