EPG Weirdness

Not sure if this is restricted to the Black Hill transmitter or happening all over but ....
there doesn't appear to be any EPG data for this coming Saturday for CH4 or CH5.
There is for STV which is on the same mux (PSB2) so it doesn't appear to be a missing mux.
The data is there for the days before and after Saturday.

I first noticed this on Monday when I spotted that the scheduling for this weekend's F1 was wrong.
The EPG data is missing on RS, HDR-FOX T2 and my Samsung TV - so it doesn't appear to be a device issue either.
Although, that said, last night my T2 was showing the scheduled date for the race highlights as 'Mon 27 23:00'. :thumbsdown_:

Anybody else seeing this?

Hope it's resolved before Saturday so I can re-set my series link.

Exactly so - thanks for the pointer BH.
I don't keep an eye on that forum as I don't own either of those boxes.
Was going to put this in the Fox T2 until I saw the same behaviour on my TV and realised it appeared to be a general Freeview issue.

Looks like it has resolved itself. Checked last night and EPG now populated for both channels and the
F1 series link has inserted Saturday evening's qualifying highlights into the schedule.
Happy days!

I think that is a little harsh, you could just as easily say I just don't understand why we get this problem twice a year when it the clock change is prefectly predictable, why should TB or anyone else expect the same problem to keep re-occurring ?

A better question could be - why was it only channels 4 and 5 (and their +1s)? Other channels on the same muxes were okay. Other channels in the 4 and 5 families had EPG entries. Strange.

why should TB or anyone else expect the same problem to keep re-occurring ?
Because it happens twice a year, every year.
Having said that, If you have not actually come across the problem before for whatever reason (like I haven't noticed it before because I never happen to look at the EPG) then it could be a bit mystifying and worth an ask.

Yes, but it's a bugger to test.
Is it? Surely it ought to be within the grasps of whoever is responsible for the EPG to create some fake data on a test multiplex (not broadcast, but local to the test environment) and play about with the times and see what happens.

If you have not actually come across the problem before ...
... sums up my experience of this particular issue.

Just looked at the 2018 F1 calendar - there was a race on the clock-change weekend but I don't recall seeing this. Maybe I just never noticed before it resolved itself.
I wouldn't have spotted it any other way as there's been precious little worth recording on weekend TV for years now - IMHO. :D

F1 all recorded OK so I'm a happy boy again.

FreeView EPG is missing the following channels on Saturday 16 November 2019.

6am Saturday 16 November 2019 -3am Sunday 17 November - Channel 5 HD
6am BBC ONE HD

Did we get a fix for it?

FreeView EPG is missing the following channels on Saturday 16 November 2019.

6am Saturday 16 November 2019 -3am Sunday 17 November - Channel 5 HD
6am BBC ONE HD

Did we get a fix for it?
Partial missing EPG data has been reported on numerous occasions and usually resolves itself before the day, probably broadcasters glitches

Back