EPG

peng

Hi
I am new to this so I hope I have done this right can anyone help out here,I have FVP 5000T box and since the retune a few weeks back the epg will not work it just keeps saying no program information so therefore I cannot record anything,I have been in touch with Humax three times now first time told transmitter problem check that out no work being carried out on Winter hill, the next time I was sent email on how to do a Manuel retune which I have now done three times no change,third time told it was transmitter when I said that I had checked the transmitter he still said that was the problem,now I have connected my older Humax box and I have not got any problems with epg but seeing that I bought this box has an upgrade I want to be able to use it had it to long to ask for replacement unit or refund so what am I suppose to do now???

What is the result of a manual retune - does the retune scan actually say it has found channels?

Yes there is but before you reply to that I have done a full factory reset (more than once) still the same

OK, so where did you buy this unit and how long ago? It is clearly not fit for purpose, and the retailer has a legal responsibility to you. It goes back for replacement or refund, and don't take no for an answer. Within a reasonable period after purchase, you do not have to prove it doesn't work - it is the retailer's responsibility to prove it does work.

Keep a note of the serial number to make sure they don't try to stuff you with the same one.

Thanks for that Black Hole but I have had the unit to long to be able to take it back will get in touch with Humax AGAIN to see if they can help will not hold my breath though,thanks again.

Ouch! Well out of any kind of goodwill then.

So, an analysis of what might have gone wrong: we're sure services are actually tuned (presumably you are able to watch them), but for some reason the data stream is not being decoded or the decoded data is not being made available to the EPG display.

I'm not sure whether the EPG data is stripped out in hardware or by software, my hunch is hardware. If it is hardware, that represents a possible point of failure (including the route for the data into the software), and a failure of that nature can be regarded as irreparable.

The alternative is that the destination for the EPG data (a data table, actually a database) is badly formatted so that subsequent processes are unable to retrieve the data. This should be corrected by reinitialising, which I would have expected a Restore Factory Defaults process to do.

So it looks like it's broken.

I'm also experiencing trouble with my 3 year old 4000 box, no guide information, retune fixed that, it stopped playing back recordings, reboot fixed that, now none of the HD channels have guide information???

I have FVP 5000T box and since the retune a few weeks back the epg will not work it just keeps saying no program information so therefore I cannot record anything,
Are you able to watch live TV via the box? Can you play existing recordings? Is the box connected to the Internet and if it is does the backwards EPG work? Have you tried setting a recording manually?

Hi all of what you ask I can do the box on retune finds all of the channels HD and radio it all works but the epg shows no program information if I was watching a program and press record button it will record it, but that's no good to me if I can't go through say a whole week to set recording when all the epg tells me is no program infornation, have been intouch with Humax 3 times now first time told it is transmitter fault checked that out turns out it's not that,second time sent email to me asking me to do a factory reset and then to do a manual tune which I have done 3 times now still same problem

May not help in this case, I cannot say, but earlier today I had a partial loss of EPG on my 5000T which I managed to restore by clearing the cookies on the box.

Red F button, select Players along the top, Select the little "i" in the top right corner. When you get to the cookies page, press "+", (not OK). Then press OK once it says they have been cleared.

Sometimes helps if the catchup EPG goes missing as well.

Last edited:
If "restore factory defaults" doesn't also clear any cookies, that's a mega-fail on Humax's part.

No. That's the Shift or Caps Lock key followed by a sequence of letters forming a word. :frantic:

Back