Epgpatch

Starbase

Hi
Is their anyone with instructions on how to use the Epgpatch or know if it is suitable (it may have a different usage)

My problem is that I have joined two parts of a program together using nicesplice magic folders (Join), but the resulting program synopsis is for the next TV program and requires editing?

Hi
Just tried this and it works okay, except that it appears not to be Indexed by the DLNA Server?
If you changed the name it will be reindexed by the DLNA server. This will happen the next time a recording completes. It might also happen the next time you reboot (I'd have to check that to be sure).

Edit: I checked and found that a reboot does not make the DLNA server reindex a renamed recording. Just editing the synopsis does not cause the recording to lose its entry in the DLNA database.

Last edited:
In Web-If>Browse Media Files, if you click on 'Opt+' and select 'Rename' you can edit the main synopsis field too.

Hi Monty, I have a similar issue with wrong information on my manual recordings - I can see by logging into my Webif that your suggestion can amend not only the recording name but also the synopsis field too, but how can I change the TIME to match the recording also?

Where are you looking at the time? The time stamp is when the recording actually started, and the only place I know of any relevance is in the file name - although some of the auto-processes append their own strings to distinguish file versions. If you rename the file to remove or alter the time stamp information, and ditto the media list title, you've covered the bases.

Hi Monty, I have a similar issue with wrong information on my manual recordings - I can see by logging into my Webif that your suggestion can amend not only the recording name but also the synopsis field too, but how can I change the TIME to match the recording also?
I think you need to update the hmt and nts files. If you have the hmt package installed, then an option to do this will appear as an option under the 'opt+' menu in the web interface. This will sort out the length of time the Humax thinks the recording lasts, and allow fast forward etc to work properly.

Back