Errors During Playback

Pants

Hi All,

Was wondering if you may be able to help. Our HDR-Fox 2 has started to have issues when playing back recorded programmes. It skips, freezes and scrambles.

At first this was on BBC HD channels so I believed it was just some issues with these. But now it has spread to all channels and recordings. I have tried to contact and email Humax support but they have not replied or been supportive.

Are any of you able to shed any light?

Many thanks in advance.

At first sight it would appear to be hardware failure. Don't mess about with Humax support, reject it to your retailer.

Was wondering if you may be able to help. Our HDR-Fox 2 has started to have issues when playing back recorded programmes. It skips, freezes and scrambles.
I would suggest formatting the disk and if the problem persists follow the advice of Black Hole.

Can you get a recording off the box and see if it plays OK on a PC? At least it will tell if the recording itself is knackered or just the boxes ability to play it

Thanks guys, got home late so will try suggestions tomorrow and let you know if it succeeds.

Back