Ethernet cable not connecting

DaveQ

I can connect via a wifi dongle, but cant get an ethernet cable to work. Tried DHCP & Manual. Any suggestions? (Why bother? I have 2 T2s but only one wifi dongle)

It's very simple:
  1. Connect 'FOX to router with Cat5 patch lead (doesn't matter whether straight-through or crossed);
  2. Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN >> Configure IP = DHCP, then click Apply;
  3. After a bit of thinking, the system then reports "Network connected".
If it does't do that, you need to check the patch lead is OK. You might need to reboot the 'FOX and/or the router. The lights on the 'FOX and router Ethernet sockets are also a clue. I assume you haven't made the mistake of patching to the router's WAN socket.

If you want a fixed IP address for the 'FOX, see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/ip-address.3953/post-48516.

Last edited:
That's what I did.

So to check the cable, tried connecting it direct into the laptop & with DHCP could (just, v faint) see its new ip address & that was connectable OK.

Tried again with the cable into the router and after some re-booting it now works.

It had reported network connected, but maybe reboot was needed to make it work. Was complicated by not having long enough cables - either connect to router or to TV but not both, so couldnt see what ip address was assigned! Now have longer cable & can do both.

Thanks for the input

Back