Ex Sky 500GB Pipline HDD not recognised in HDR T2!

Matthew

My WD Green 2TB drive is suddenly showing signs of end of life, pending sectors increasing from 1 to 70 in one day, with 6.5 years use (according to smart data) I suppose that's not too bad.

So I removed it and decided to stick a spare 500GB Ex sky pipline in till getting a suitable replacement, but the T2 simply refuses to recognise the drive, I even imaged my original pipline onto it (ex recordings) and still nothing. Plugging into USB via an external case and no problems seen!

Has anyone else had such problems with Ex sky drives inside a T2?

Attachments

• IMG_20190812_210513322.jpg
    IMG_20190812_210513322.jpg
    996.5 KB · Views: 21
Yes, i have this too. For some reason the transfer rate on those 500gb sky drives is limited to 1.5gb/s I think that may have something to do with it. Its not done with a jumper so its stuck like that unless someone knows how to change it? Other sky hdds seem to work ok for me.

So I removed it and decided to stick a spare 500GB Ex sky pipline in till getting a suitable replacement, but the T2 simply refuses to recognise the drive, I even imaged my original pipline onto it (ex recordings) and still nothing. Plugging into USB via an external case and no problems seen!

Has anyone else had such problems with Ex sky drives inside a T2?
Yes it has been reported before. I don't think there is a known solution other than a different drive.

Back