(Exclusively) web driven Media/mp3 file playback on T2

paulj_

Hi,
is it possible to start playback of media(mp3) files, on the T2 itself, via the web, without having to use the
web interface remote control to first navigate (whilst viewing 'TV' screen) to media files and then use the web interface remote play button. ?
Background - I recently started to copy purely audio/m4a files onto the humax (which is connected to hifi) so had thought that web media browser would naturally have a play capability; which would be great for purely audio media files, where viewing 'tv' not important.

If that is not possible can I set up an elaborate macro for the web interface remote control to open the media folder (blindly) that contains the media and then use the web ir buttons 'blindly' to select the n'th media file

Thanks MymsMan
I did subsequently try the macro proposal, and although that enables me to open the desired media folder, the
media selection was complicated (perhaps what you anticipated) by the fact that the view of the files in the web media browser and the 'tv' folder view are not synchronised -
m4a media is not shown in the web view and mp3 media not shown in the 'tv' view, so identifying the ordinal number of the media file you want to play is complex.

OK, I see I need to update webif post 1.2.7 to see m4a files on webif, but I am not sure why mp3 files are not visible on the 'tv' view of media folder

There is no way for the webif to control the TV display other than using the IR package

Other problems with IR macros are knowing the initial state of TV display, folder sort order, starting folder, controlling timing between button presses, ...
You are basically working blind with no feedback to show what is happening on screen

OK, I see I need to update webif post 1.2.7 to see m4a files on webif, but I am not sure why mp3 files are not visible on the 'tv' view of media folder
Because you have to select "Music": Media >> Media (yellow) >> Music.

Back