1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External HDD error causes weirdness

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by ChrisDaniels, May 10, 2012.

1. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

Posting for info

Just got home to find my HDR recording. For the first time, I got the much talked about green screen error! Tried changing inputs on the tv to re-sync the hdmi to no joy, vformat just changed the res of the green screen.
    I ended the recording and rebooted the box and got the following:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336669868.132239.jpg

Weird.. Unplugging the external HDD I've got plugged in, fixed it.

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

E-OS is incorrect operating system, usually seen only when attempting to load firmware from a USB device, see notes HERE. Firmware version and System ID don't look good either, so it looks like the Humax found an *.hdf file on the external HDD and tried to load it

3. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what it looks like, but there is no hdf on the disc and has been plugged in for months.

4. oijonesey

oijonesey Hummy.tv SEO Guru

Slightly different error message when I had a problem - but still something to do with an Ext HDD which had been plugged in for ages http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/splash-screen-of-doom.970/#post-12040 I changed nothing about the disk and plugged it back in after a few weeks and it's worked fine ever since. I'm not aware of me doing anything to fix it other than reloading the firmware.