External HDD

free30

I am trying to backup some recordings to an external HDD.

If i format it to Fat32 it is detected and I can copy folders using either the WebIF or the on screen browser. Problem is once its finished coping them across if I view the containing folder on the screen Browser is crashes, restarting. So the folders have quite a lot in them but I dont think any files are over 4gb. I've tried formatting to NTFS or exFAT using the packages to allow the Humax to read and write these but the drive doesn't show up in the on screen browser only the WebIF.

Is there any advise as to what I could do to allow me to copy these files across and access them from the on screen browser.

Many thanks for any advise.

EDIT.

OK I'm formating the external drive using the On Screen display and coping folders across. Hopefully it will work this time.

Last edited:
I've tried formatting to NTFS or exFAT using the packages to allow the Humax to read and write these but the drive doesn't show up in the on screen browser
That does not sound correct. I frequently use NTFS, and drives show up on Media >> Storage >> USB as expected (with the ntfs3g package installed of course).

Perhaps there is something not quite right about the drive itself.

I did not find out why it didn't work.

But once I used the PVR to format the external drive it allowed me to copy the folders across and view them afterwards without a problem.
Thanks for listening.

Back