External portable HDD to use with a Humax HDR-FOX T2 - Can you help!?

Then the Humax is likely struggling with the interface to that particular drive. It could be at the USB level with the USB3 to USB2 fall-back mode, or it could be at the drive format level trying to cope with a 2TB NTFS drive. You could try the custom firmware ntfs-3g driver, it might improve things (or might not).

Once you find a file to play, does it play without difficulty? What type of file?

I currently have a Buffalo Ministation 320GB USB2.0 plugged into my Humax, so I can confirm it works. Format it (using the Humax tools) to Ext3.

If it's of any interest, I bought mine from Tesco about a week ago, for £36.
Does it still work?

It hasn't been plugged in continuously since 2011!

But, to answer your query (why???), I just dug it out and plugged it in... and it does.

To answer your query:

I am looking for a drive to plug into my t2 HD.
I would be very surprised if a drive available retail in 2011 is still on the shelves in 2020, so the question is pointless. It's no good using that as an indication of reliability for a series of drives either - what actual make and model of drive gets incorporated into the overall package is completely random.

Just a warning to external drive users - be very wary of new WD elements drives - they have changed the recording
methods without saying anything and they can be EXTREMELY slow to copy to. Search yahoo for slow wd elements
or tomshardware for explanation. I have one and decided never to use it for anything - they get massively worse the more you use them.

is there any way of getting a T2 to recognise all the space on a 4Gb external hard drive please?
I think you mean 4TiB - there's no problem with 4GiB.

The only possibility is by installing CF and using GPT on the drive, but I have no certainty it will actually work.

Back