External USB Drive Issues

Starbase

One of my external USB drives seems to be misbehaving, I can watch any recorded program on it and use fast forwards etc without any problems, but when I try to rename the program it appears to accept the change, then refreshes to the origin name.

Similarly if I try to delete the program it displays deleting, but does not actually complete this. I can copy programs back to the internal HDD or to other external drives, but I am still unable to change their name, it is as though it has been locked somehow, any ideas?

Try removing and reinstalling the NTFS-3g package if it is an NTFS drive. In Web-If, click on the eject button by the top banner. It should be mounted as 'Usb-drive1' for example, if it mounted as 'drive1' there is a problem with the package.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have tried renaming and deleting through the Humax User Interface with the remote control. The drive is formatted as Ext3 and shows up as Drive 1 -EXT3 - 2.0TB

Usb Dives.gif

Can you please refresh my memory on using Telnet (I've not used it for a while), I have copied programs from the misbehaving drive and they play okay, but can not be renamed which would seem to eliminate the drive in question, maybe the sidecar files are at fault somehow?

Do you have five full 2TB drives attached? If not it looks like the one drive has multiple mount points. Try putting the HDR-FOX into standby, disconnect the drive, reboot and reconnect when the system has booted up.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet

When asked for a PIN use the system PIN the same as going into the Installation menu.

If you are presented with a menu of options instead of a command prompt, choose "cli" (command line interface) to get to a command prompt (to return to the menu from the command line, type "tmenu").

At the command prompt type "mount" (followed by Return).

@Starbase: all of your drives are showing as 100% full. This could mean that there is up to 10GB free on each drive (assuming that 99.5% full is shown as 100%). Is the drive in question just completely full? What does the standard UI show? It should give you the actual free space for EXT3 formatted drives.

Since this thread hasn't been updated in a while, I don't feel that I am hijacking it by reporting a similar problem.

In my case, I keep an NTFS formatted 2Tb USB drive permanently attached to the T2.
What I am finding (it seems to be worse than it has been) is that the drive sometimes only mounts as read-only. I cannot associate anything in particular with the circumstances where it is read-only and when it is read-write.
I have latest CF and ntfs-3g installed.
I can use the web-if to unmount and then rescan the mounts, this sometimes fixes the problem.
Based on this thread I could remove and re-install ntfs-3g, but is there a better approach or some useful diagnostic to be performed first?
I cannot see an obvious log file for the package.

The drive is currently read-only and mount shows
Code:
humax# ls -l /media
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  17 May 20 19:17 My Music -> /mnt/hd2/My Music
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  17 May 20 19:17 My Photo -> /mnt/hd2/My Photo
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  17 May 20 19:17 My Video -> /mnt/hd2/My Video
dr-x------  1 root  root  4096 May 16 08:48 drive1
drwxrwxrwx  3 root  root  4096 Jan 29  2013 drive2
humax# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock1 on /var/lib/humaxtv type jffs2 (rw)
/dev/mtdblock2 on /var/lib/humaxtv_backup type jffs2 (rw)
/dev/mtdblock2 on /usr/browser/opera_dir/url/url.txt type jffs2 (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /media/drive1 type ntfs (ro,uid=0,gid=0,fmask=0177,dmask=077,nls=utf8,errors=continue,mft_zone_multiplier=1)
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/hd1 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb2 on /mnt/hd2 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb3 on /mnt/hd3 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb2 on /mnt/hd2/My\040Video/[ModSettings] type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdc1 on /media/drive2 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb2 on /media/drive2 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
humax#
Thanks...

Back