Extract to MPG - run time error

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
Using either 1.02.20/2.21 or 1.03.06/2.21 and trying to extract the mpg gives me the following error and no MPG file. Any ideas what I am missing?
Code:
Processing <Filename_yyyymmdd_hhmm> Runtime Error: execute.jim:21: at file "execute.jim", line 21

Edit:
The files are all radio recordings. Is extract to mpg only for SD TV?

Use "Extract Audio" instead. It's not very elegant for it to dump out with an error if you have the wrong type of file, but that's the way it is at the moment.

Use "Extract Audio" instead. It's not very elegant for it to dump out with an error if you have the wrong type of file, but that's the way it is at the moment.
Thank for the suggestion.
I realy wanted a loss-less conversion to mpg, so I've done what I usuaally do with my 9200T recordings and used winff on a PC.

I think you have some confusion. MPG is a video format - the streams in the TS are extracted and repackaged into an MPG container. There is no video stream in a recording of a radio service.

"Extract Audio" pulls out the audio stream and puts it into a .MP3 file as-is (for a radio service), but "as-is" is actually MP2. See HERE (click) for existing discussion. This won't work for a TV recording, because the sound stream would be AAC.

Winff transcodes if you ask for a different output type from the input type, so that won't be lossless unless you are very careful in your specification. A PC has a lot more power to do the transcoding too, it is REALLY SLOW on the Humax.

That would be AAC for an HD recording not SD Mr Hole. Lucky I've only had one glass of white so far. AAC audio standard was brought in with Freeview HD, the rest SD and radio is MPEG2 standard sound. That sound option on the OPT+ option as we discussed doesn't dump out MP3 although some players can handle it others can't....

I really wanted a loss-less conversion to mpg, so I've done what I usuaally do with my 9200T recordings and used winff on a PC.
It is lossless and it is mpeg audio (albeit mpeg 1 layer 2). The transport streams recorded on the 9200 are the same as recorded on the T2. This is not really surprising as they both come from the same signals received out of the ether!
The accepted extension for this is .mp2 - that some players can't play this and can play the same file renamed to .mp3 doesn't really excuse the misnaming in my humble opinion, but I don't have any say in the matter.

Well it did suffer some loss when it got digitised to MPEG2 audio in the first place but what we are saying is that extract out to audio just scrubs all of the original transmission stream which has other stuff in it and just gives you the audio stream that was in the TS - less the other stuff. Least that is what that option does but sadly doesn't produce MP3 due to the box not having the horse power to do it re the other conversation. The latter becomes important if you want to play on a media player / audio system that only handles strict MP3.

Back