F1 on 19.2E

digitl

I'm fed up with spending hours avoiding hearing or seeing the results of F1 qualifying or races that the BBC are not showing live. And I'm even more fed up when my attempts fail!

To avoid this I'm thinking of sticking a second dish on the wall and pointing it at 19.2E. If I do this, I understand that I will need to connect both my current 28.2E feed (which comes through a multiswitch in the loft) and the new feed into a DiSEqC switch and then connect the output from the DiSEqC switch to the Foxsat-HDR's input. Is this correct and are there any gotchas to look out for?

With the above setup, would the Foxsat automatically switch between satellites as the recording schedule required, or is it necessary to make the change manually?

Later: a further thought! Is the Foxsat the best option for this, or would it be advisable to buy a different, second PVR? If so, is any particular PVR to be recommended?

I don't know enough about the switching to comment but, had you thought about using a multi-satellite LNB?
You can get a 10 degree spread LNB to cover the 2 satellites, which might make the whole installation 'cleaner' - but the switching would still be in question.

I get 28 and 19.2 on a std sky dish just for the same reason. I've got two LNBs on a bar in front of a standard sky dish. The Sky LNBs are just touching each other. I've got two outputs from the two LNBs going to two DISEQ switches. You then have to put the foxy into non freesat mode and tune it to the 19.2 sat. If you are using the custom firmware, you can put the RTL stations into the freesat prog guide. Of course the commentary is in German though. R5 live usually fixes that.

You then have to put the foxy into non freesat mode and tune it to the 19.2 sat. If you are using the custom firmware, you can put the RTL stations into the freesat prog guide.
I'm using the custom firmware so can deal with that side of things. However, once the RTL stations are in the freesat EPG can I set timers for them as I would for 'standard' freesat channels? And, if I have timers set up for, say, BBC One HD, then RTL, then Channel 5, would the box switch from LNB to LNB as needed?

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why not, The main point I was trying to make was that you don't need a second dish, even if you only have a small sky dish.

Back