Failed BBC3 and BBC4 SD Records

Reported it separately on MyHumax about my issue..

Edit: @Private61: have you any more news about your SD issue? Do you still have the broken recording?

Is this just on the latest firmware?

I only updated recently because of some failed recordings (0 file size) and now this.

:-(

Sent from my GT-I9300

Just found another 0 minutes recording on the box but the file size is correct for a recording and it has the decrypted icon showing.

Any way I can get this to play?

Just found another 0 minutes recording on the box but the file size is correct for a recording and it has the decrypted icon showing.

Any way I can get this to play?
As it has been decrypted if you delete all but the TS file, the TS file will play but with limited transport controls. The skip forward and back buttons will work but rew and ff won't.

I'm not sure about that, we don't have autodecrypt enabled on our box so I have no idea why that icon is showing.

I'll give it a try though.

Sent from my GT-I9300

This is how the files look on the Humax:

b81kld.png

The file dated the 18th also came up as scrambled when we tried to play it, even though on the Humax it shows a record rime of 70min.

2u4m0it.png

As suggested I deleted everything but the .TS file from the 0 size file which is the one on the 11th, and now the Humax says Cannot Support and the icon on the Humax has turned into a brown lightning bolt.

Use the utility af123 provided to recreate the sidecar files, see HERE (click). (On second thoughts, this might not correct the .hmt - but you can do that with the hmt utility via Telnet.)

The Dec flag is an error in the .hmt file, the file is encrypted but with the flag in the wrong state (or the .hmt file deleted) the Humax thinks the .ts file is unencrpted and tries to play it without decryption. The size error is a fault in the .nts file IIRC.

I have the CF installed, check my signature.
That's as may be, but this is the vanilla section.

Sorry about that. It sounded just like the 'new HD channel' bug. When BBC Three and Four channels went HD a bug appeared whereby recordings seemed to fail with zero length NTS files. It was found that if the failed programmes were decrypted, and the sidecar files deleted, they would then play. There was even a package written, Badnts, to automate this process. In general, this looks like a new bug, or a new variant of the old bug: version 1.03.12 software was supposed to fix this. However, the first programme could be a victim of the old bug: what happens if you decrypt the programme with the zero length NTS file, delete the sidecars and try and play it? If it is still scrambled it must be a new bug or variant: if it plays OK, 1.03.12 software has not fixed the original problem.

I'm talking about the first programme in Ian_j's list. It does not have a 'Dec' icon, so the HMT flag is correct, and has a 0 length NTS file.

Hi,

First oops bad typing, yes Custom Fireware.

Anyway more to the point been running Firmware 1.03.06(a) with Custom Firemware 2.21 (1897) and now WebIf 1.0.13-2 for just over a week and all seems to be working as expected.

Just upgraded WebIf to 1.0.13-4 and will look at Custom Firmware 2.22 or 2.23 if I can avoid Firmware 1.0.12 after my experience and above comments, but for now I will leave alone.

Thanks for everyones comments.

Back