failed recording following manual recording start

mihaid

I had two scheduled recordings say one start 9pm finish 10pm another channel start 10pm finish ? I then started a manual recording pressing rec on remote at about 9.40pm to 11.00pm
when the 10 pm recording should have started on itv my machine at about 10.05 was still on red ring when it should have purple. on trying to start a manual recording on itv the t2 tells me if I want to cancel the 'sic' non recording recording on itv.

Is this a standard sub standard behaviour?

Were the consecutive recordings on the same service or different services? If different, there would have been an overlap between the end of the first and the start of the second, and you can't record more than two streams simultaneously.

See Things Every... (click) section 14.

Different services.
say tuner 1 started 9 finished 10
tuner 2 started manual rec 9.40
tuner 1 should have started 10 recording
no need to record 3 streams

what am I missing?

Often with accurate recording the end time of one recording is later than scheduled time (includes final ad break) while start time can be earlier leading to short term conflicts, usually the Humax displays an on screen box asking how you want to resolve the conflict.
I usually cancel the conflict box since it will resolve itself within a minute. The recording that starts late shows as failed due to a higher priority recording but it is still watchable.

You're not allowing for timing overlaps. Have you followed the link through from Section 14?
Section 14 doesn't deal with my problem. Mymsman has got it. However I did not get the usual box and the t2 did not start the recording once the prior one stopped.

The link explains how to deliberately record 3 programs, but not how conflicts can arise even when the schedule doesn't appear to contain conflicting entries. It also doesn't explain why the third recording did not start once the overlapping recording finished.

The link explains how to deliberately record 3 programs, but not how conflicts can arise even when the schedule doesn't appear to contain conflicting entries. It also doesn't explain why the third recording did not start once the overlapping recording finished.
exactly.

Sorry, I was thinking of the link to further discussion from section 3 - ie THIS ONE. See recording priorities (I quoted this recently, and forgot it wasn't in this thread).

I'm not aware of a situation where a scheduled recording doesn't start other than when an AR recording misses it's start flag - which is possible if the tuner was tied up on another service until after the programme ID stops being transmitted.

Back