Failed recording in series link

• Thread starter Deleted member 473
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 473

I noticed yesterday that HIGNFY failed to record on Friday night. I thought series linking was designed to cope with this sort of eventuality? (One program delayed because of extended news coverage.)

I don't have experience of satellite, but with terrestrial I think if the recorder only wakes up in time for the programme (ie not on a prior occasion where the EPG has been updated) and the start flag does not occur within a certain window of the time it thinks it should be, then the recording is lost.

I don't have experience of satellite, but with terrestrial I think if the recorder only wakes up in time for the programme (ie not on a prior occasion where the EPG has been updated) and the start flag does not occur within a certain window of the time it thinks it should be, then the recording is lost.

In this case, I believe Mrs Mike was watching Graham Norton just before HIGNFY started, so the bl**dy machine could have tried harder!

Anyway, watched it on BBC iPlayer.

Oh yes, I think we all have machines that "could try harder"! My new car audio for example, which has features I wanted that the standard audio did not supply, but does not have lots of things the standard audio does! Bugger.

Oh yes, I think we all have machines that "could try harder"!

I reckon there is something wrong with the algorithm if it fails like this! The delayed programme was in the schedule well before it aired.

Back