Failed recordings...

Chris Parsons

Since upgrading to the 1.02.32 firmware I have started getting email messages about failed scheduled recordings which I think is a new feature?

Looks like the *.ts files are there but only one *.hmt file and it is 0 bytes...thought these were only for
HD recordings, and these recording were all SD??

Can't see any more in the EPG but perhaps the series has finished now

Any ideas anyone?

Chris

I assume you have the custom firmware installed?
Yes, I got a warning that my custom software was out of date and upgraded the firmware to 1.02.32 and got the corresponding custom firmware (hence the email warnings - they are generated from the custom software I think?)

Chris

Are you receiving from multiple regions?

See BH's thread:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/proof-positive-do-not-tune-to-multiple-regions.3199/

Martin
I have just been reading about this - I will check when I get home if there is anything on the 800+ channels and retune if so

Interesting about the EPG/Schedule updating, I have had the odd series recording fail and this would explain it, need to
get my head around this - the only auto update I have is the 4.30am one which perhaps I need to change

Chris

Since upgrading to the 1.02.32 firmware I have started getting email messages about failed scheduled recordings which I think is a new feature?
It is a new feature of the rs service.

Looks like the *.ts files are there but only one *.hmt file and it is 0 bytes...thought these were only for HD recordings, and these recording were all SD??
All recordings have at least .ts, .hmt, .nts; a .thm is generated later (presuming the recording is video) to provide the thumbnail in the media browser.

Even without multi-region tuning, you can still have AR failures. See Things Every... section 3 (and the link within).

Yes, I got a warning that my custom software was out of date and upgraded the firmware to 1.02.32 and got the corresponding custom firmware (hence the email warnings - they are generated from the custom software I think?)
Then you should have posted the thread in the correct section of the Forum; thread moved.

It is possible to turn off the E-Mail warnings about failed recordings in the Remote Scheduling >> Settings page, See picture HERE

Think there might be a bug somewhere...

I got another failed recording message (from a recording that had already worked, and was not 0 bytes when I looked at it yesterday)

When I checked, it WAS 0 bytes - so it looks as if something checking the recordings has stuffed it, or it was being reported with a non zero bytes file size yesterday even if it was 0??

I apologise if this is in the wrong thread, the remark about the email warnings was in response to someone asking if I had the modified firmware, I am happy to get these if they are correct. I started getting them after upgrading the firmware so assumed this was what was generating them

My question was about getting failed recordings, or recordings being reported as failed when they were (apparently) ok yesterday not about how to turn off the reporting?

Chris

Correct thread, yes - you started it! It was a mild ticking off for posting the thread in the HDR-FOX section of the forum (normally reserved for issues that do not involve the custom firmware).

Correct thread, yes - you started it! It was a mild ticking off for posting the thread in the HDR-FOX section of the forum (normally reserved for issues that do not involve the custom firmware).

Sorry, now I am confused...the section (not thread, wrong word) at the top of the page says ... Customised Firmware?? Is this not where I started it?

Chris

Sorry, now I am confused...the section (not thread, wrong word) at the top of the page says ... Customised Firmware?? Is this not where I started it?
I'm guessing from Martin Liddle's comments in #8 that you placed your original post in a different forum section, possibly HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder?. As a Moderator Martin can move the whole thread to the correct forum

Back