Failed recordings ?

My point is: why the heck have you got this box registered with RS, hence receive emails from RS, when RS is no good to you?

My point is: why the heck have you got this box registered with RS, hence receive emails from RS, when RS is no good to you?
But is it fundamentally broken for SAORview, which is essentially the same thing as Freeview with an Irish accent?

Obviously some things like tunefix-update won't work since @prpr has enough on his plate without tracking the transmitter changes in other countries.
Some other users have had problems when trying to tune in transmitters in both North and South which is known to cause problems but if there is only a single transmitter involved what else will cause it to fail.
The region and Mux names may not recognized but does that cause a real problem?

When you're backed into a corner, and all the regular options don't do anything - you employ 'overkill'. Humax interface shows no content on HDD, Webif shows no content on HDD, the only scheduled item in RS interface is the regular nightly OTA. There seems to be an invisible .hmt file in there, and whatever it takes to remove it, I rule nothing in and rule nothing out!

An orphaned hmt real or imaginary is not causing any problems, if the emails are annoying turn them off in RS settings,

Lets get down to basics of what is and is not working.

Can you see todays and next weeks programmes in the EPG:
  • Using the remote control
  • Using the webif
  • Using the RS

What versions of the webif and CF do you have installed?
What does RS say as Last seen time and Region?

Is Humax tuned to an UK or Irish transmitter or Both?

Does recording work if you:
  • Hit record button on remote
  • Schedule via remote
  • Schedule via webif
  • Schedule via RS
-

But back to the faild recording problem. It's only after the recording failed that I came across something on another thread ...

What version are you on? 1.02.32 ? The reason I ask is that I still use 1.02.32.

I use 1.02.32 despite the problems with failed recordings after rescans

I still have to remember after a rescan on 1.02.32 that recordings on some channels will appear as if failed. I think this no longer applies to Freeview now as channel 'time-sharing' no longer used.

Also BH has a good write up on padding Vs accurate recordings

Last edited:
I've just had an email (below) alerting me to a string of failed recordings - all except one were series link recordings. Basically no scheduled recordings have been successful since Saturday lunchtime. I did a manual recording on Sunday night (hitting the REC button while watching), and that succeeded, but nothing else in the last 3 days. There seems to be an hmt file for each failed recording, but nothing else.
I've just done an automatic retune, and have attached my crashdiag and HDD logs, but am at a loss as for what to do next. Any ideas for how I can fix this?
I'm running custom firmware v3.13 (build 4028).

EDIT: I've also just noticed that the TV Diary in the Web IF is empty - i.e. it shows nothing watched and nothing recorded for the last month. EPG is also empty
????

Code:
Device: HDR-Fox T2 (humax - dc:d3:21:55:f3:8b)

At least one failed recording has been detected in your

media library. The following recording(s) failed:

/Inside the Factory_20190629_1830

/John McEnroe_ Still Rockin' at 60_20190630_2230

/BBC London News/London News_20190701_1330

/F1 Australian GP Highlights/F1 Austrian GP Qualifying____20190629_1830

/F1 Australian GP Highlights/F1 Austrian Grand Prix Highlights_20190630_1900

/Beecham House/New_ Beecham House_20190630_2100

/8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown/8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown_20190701_2235

/8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown/8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown_20190701_2335

/Top Gear/Top Gear_20190630_2000

/Wild Bill/Wild Bill_20190630_2350

/BBC News/BBC News_20190630_0900

/BBC News/BBC News_20190630_1300

/BBC News/BBC News at One_20190701_1300

/ITV News at Ten/ITV News at Ten_20190701_2200

/Coronation Street/Coronation Street_20190701_1930

/Coronation Street/Coronation Street_20190701_2030

/ITV News/ITV News_20190629_2135

/ITV News/ITV News_20190630_2205

Attachments

• 20190702HumaxCrashDiag.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190702 Humax Disk Diagnostics.pdf
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was just preparing for a factory reset, and have noticed that some of the channel numbers on my scheduled recordings have changed following the auto retune. For example, BBC News at One (which was on channel 101) is now showing as channel 105 (Channel 5 HD) in the Schedule. Coronation Street (ITV) is now channel 204 (CBBC HD). Other ITV scheduled recordings (e.g. Wild Bill) are still correctly scheduled to record channel 103.
???
Will the Backup/Restore option in the Web IF be available after a factory reset?

I was just preparing for a factory reset, and have noticed that some of the channel numbers on my scheduled recordings have changed following the auto retune. For example, BBC News at One (which was on channel 101) is now showing as channel 105 (Channel 5 HD) in the Schedule. Coronation Street (ITV) is now channel 204 (CBBC HD). Other ITV scheduled recordings (e.g. Wild Bill) are still correctly scheduled to record channel 103.
???
Will the Backup/Restore option in the Web IF be available after a factory reset?
I guess that's why you were getting failed recordings - somehow the auto-restore (following a retune and a reboot) has scrambled the destination LCNs. If your services are on the correct LCNs now, all you might need to do is restore a recording schedule from a backup.

Back