Failing HDD

Thanks - for an extra £1.50 I've gone with the enclosed version - not anticipating doing lots of drive swapping etc.
Thanks for the alternative approach though :)

I have installed the ST2000MV003 and have formatted it using the automatic menu item that appeared.
I put my old drive in a caddy and connected it via the front USB port.
Elsewhere I have read that I should be able to select this now external usb drive and see my old recordings as they were before and just play them from there.
However, it gave me this menu instead
Code:
drive 1
3 file(s)

drive 2
7 file(s)

drive 3
1 file(s)

So I thought I should do the Auto Copy that was suggested by the box to copy everything from that drive onto the new one.
However, it looks like it's copying the entire contents so I now have a folder called dvbepg, mod, thumbnail, Tsr as well as a My Videos one where the recordings have started to be copied to.

Finally, going to the box on the internet I get a No internal disk found error message and it tells me
Code:
To install the full web interface and supporting packages a suitably formatted internal hard disk must be present and none was detected. This is unexpected - a HDR-Fox T2 should have an internal disk which is already formatted appropriately.

Is this to be expected? Have I done something wrong?

Drive2 is where I would expect your old recordings to be. I've never used the auto copy feature so I don't know what it will be doing.
The web interface error will hopefully go away next time you reboot the box.

Thanks af123. I cancelled the auto copy and found my recordings where you said, and didn't get the interface error after next reboot. Thanks :)

Back