[fan] More control over HDR fan

Yes it will. The terms 'HDR Fox T2' and the abbreviation 'HDR' are used interchangeably in the HD/HDR Fox T2 thread. The 'R' indicated that the box is a recorder. The HD Fox T2 is not a recorder(out of the box).

The Fan package does work on the HDR, so go ahead, install it and set the minspeed to about 40% and keep an eye on the tempmon. If the box gets too hot, the Humax default control takes over and cranks the fan up to 100%(ish)

Thanks for the rapid and helpful reply Trev.

The notes on the package management page say "HDR only" yet on the previous page of this thread kev7387 talks about using it on an HDR Fox T2. Please can somebody clarify for me?
Glossary (click), entry "HDR". This is linked from the post "New Readers Start Here", pinned near the top of the forum listing.

Note the HD-FOX has no fan, hence the fan package is only useful on the HDR-FOX.

Last edited:
For information: I was wondering why my HDR4 was having bursts of fan activity when HDR1 and HDR3 do not. The answer is that HDR1&3 are set to minimum fan = 40%, whereas HDR4 was 29% (for some reason, now corrected).

Perhaps it would be possible to give fan a thermostatic option: modulate the fan speed in fine increments/decrements to maintain 55deg.C (or something).

Back