Fan Speed

Andybrody

Hi all
Have recently installed new HDD and reinstalled all packages.
Only problem I seem to have is he fan package does not appear to be working.
I have set the fan speed to 49% but if I look at the sysmon it shows that the fan is always off.
I have removed and reinstalled and rebooted several times all to no avail.
Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Andy
PS the fan is not turning and temp is between 37 and 39 degrees C

Last edited:
Then there is nothing to worry about although it is strange that the fan does not come on at all. I have mine set to 40% and the temp is 39C at the moment but does go up as high as 50. I cannot feel any air from the back, but can't ascertain whether the fan is actually on or not. Sysmon shows my fan as off as well.

If you have the fan package installed, then the sysmon chart should show the fan as off. The temperature will have to get to 55 degrees before sysmon will show the fan as on.

Then there is nothing to worry about although it is strange that the fan does not come on at all. I have mine set to 40% and the temp is 39C at the moment but does go up as high as 50. I cannot feel any air from the back, but can't ascertain whether the fan is actually on or not. Sysmon shows my fan as off as well.

If you have the fan package installed, then the sysmon chart should show the fan as off. The temperature will have to get to 55 degrees before sysmon will show the fan as on.

Thanks for that will keep monitoring

Have a look at the humaxtv.log file (through Web interface->Diagnostics) and look for lines with the word fan in them. That will show if the package is working properly. If you don't have that log file then run the diagnostic called debugtv and restart.

Screenshot%202015-01-03%2021.46.51.png

You can also try setting the fan speed to maximum through the settings screen and waiting for two minutes to see if you can hear it ramp up.

I just tried reducing min fanspeed right down then looked at the system monitoring after a while. Sure enough, the temp went up, the fan came on full then ramped down to off for a while and then it did the same again. Reset the minspeed to 40% now to see what happens.

PS the fan is not turning and temp is between 37 and 39 degrees C
Sysmon shows my fan as off as well.
It worth pointing out that Sysmon is somewhat misleading when the Fan package is installed, without the Fan package, Sysmon correctly shows:-
From cold up to 54Deg. C the fan is off
From 55Deg. C (or above) down to 54Deg.C the fan is on at 70% = Fan Full
From 53Deg C. down to 51Deg. C the fan is on at 63% = Fan Half
From 50Deg. C down to 49Deg. C the fan is on at 54% = Fan Quarter
From 48Deg. C (and below) back up to 54 Deg. C the fan is Off

However, when the Fan package is installed Sysmon will still display the above readings even though the fan is always running at the minimum speed set in 'Fan Settings' (or faster), whatever the temperature reading is, e.g. even when the unit is cold
EDIT
Sysmon would always be correct if the Green 'fan off' icon was marked as "fan off or Fan (package) minimum"

Last edited:
The reason for this is that the sysmon temperature graph is only that - a temperature graph. It is annotated to show the fan setting that the Humax firmware would derive given that input (as worked out by observation), but it is not an observation of the actual fan output.

Maybe the graph should be annotated to make this clear, and/or have a baseline added to indicate a fan setting.

Back