Fast forward and rewind between two HDR Fox-T2's

RobL

Hi,

just got my second HDR Fox-T2 today (son's bedroom!) and installed the custom firmware almost as soon as I got it. However, before I did, I just checked that I could see and play everything from the one in the lounge (wired network connection) and no problem. This is the bit where I'm now doubting myself (!!) - I did a quick fast forward test (files in native state not converted to MPG) and all worked (did it??!); however, once I installed the custom firmware, whilst I can still pause, 'jump' skip, I get the circle and cross when trying to fwd / rwd. Now, clearly, I can de-install and try again (for my own sanity!) but just wondered if there was a known issue / if anyone else has come across this? (..moreover, if so, why this is the case).
Many thanks to anyone who has the answer / suggestion(s).
P.S. to the developers who made this all possible, a big thank you - been using it for over a year now and it's just great :)
Right, now to find out (the easiest way) how to get a load of stuff of the lounge box to my lad's!!

FTP it onto a PC and then back to the new Humax. Remember to decrypt all files before FTPing
Thank you - all decrypted on the lounge box, so I'll be doing that (once the little terror is asleep!!). I was hoping to do a copy and paste, but happy enough with FTP anyway.

I did a quick fast forward test (files in native state not converted to MPG) and all worked (did it??!)
No, it wouldn't have done. Skip, and left/right on the time line, but no FF/REW unless you use the CF to decrypt the source file and access the remote Humax as a virtual USB mount.

No, it wouldn't have done. Skip, and left/right on the time line, but no FF/REW unless you use the CF to decrypt the source file and access the remote Humax as a virtual USB mount.

Thank you. Files are decrypted and CF installed - the lounge Humax is set as NFS drive. I will de-install the CF just to double check (lol).

the lounge Humax is set as NFS drive.
Then you will be able to access the content by installing foxlink on the bedroom HDR. The lounge HDR will appear as a drive under Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB. Normal DLNA access is via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network, and is unaffected by CF.

When accessed via USB, the HDR regards the files as local copies and provides full control as if they are local.

Then you will be able to access the content by installing foxlink on the bedroom HDR. The lounge HDR will appear as a drive under Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB. Normal DLNA access is via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network, and is unaffected by CF.

When accessed via USB, the HDR regards the files as local copies and provides full control as if they are local.

Just tried, but clearly I have made a silly error somewhere along the line as I cannot see this as a 'USB'; I shall keep going, but many thanks for your time and response. I now have to sort out why I keep getting the "Restart required to complete a scheduling operation.." every time I log in despite restarting numerous times - I'll get there :)

Ah, well, the HDR won't register a virtual USB unless it also has a real USB plugged in - this can be bypassed using the virtual-disk2 package (but I simply keep a small UPD installed). Notes on in the Wiki HERE (click) - in this case treat the bedroom HDR as the client "HD-FOX".

As for permanent restart flag, best let af123 have a crack at that.

FTP it onto a PC and then back to the new Humax. Remember to decrypt all files before FTPing

Following on from my thank you earlier, just to confirm that a simple copy and paste works to my PC, so I'm guessing the same will be true to the other Humax. I'll give it a go, but so far so good.
Cheers.

Following on from my thank you earlier, just to confirm that a simple copy and paste works to my PC, so I'm guessing the same will be true to the other Humax. I'll give it a go, but so far so good.
You can cut out the middle-man and save time by copy/paste direct between the two Humaxes.
If you are a command line type, you can halve your network bandwidth (by not going via the PC) and FTP direct from one Humax to the other, as there are both client and server modules available. I guess you can do this about as easily with NFS as well, but I've never used it.

You can cut out the middle-man and save time by copy/paste direct between the two Humaxes.
If you are a command line type, you can halve your network bandwidth (by not going via the PC) and FTP direct from one Humax to the other, as there are both client and server modules available. I guess you can do this about as easily with NFS as well, but I've never used it.

Thank you. I noted the C & P part (worked) but haven't FTP'd direct from HUM'A' to 'B'; will give that a go for comparison once I have network-shares-automount working ... couldn't get FoxyLink working (me I know :) ), so I'll give the 'traditional' a go first and take it from there.

Back