Fast forward error on specific recording

priorslee

I have a recording where the fast-forward/back buttons refuse to work ...

The buttons to skip forward/back work OK and moving the cursor along the play time-bar works, but fast forward gives the error symbol (circle with diagonal line). As far as I can see it's only happening on the one recorded program. Any ideas what's caused it, or anyone else seen this happen?

I've tried a full reboot but this made no difference.

It's an episode of Million Pound Drop where fast forward is needed to avoid Davina's incessant, repetitive chatter! Other recorded episodes seem to be fine.

The sidecar files (a set of small files alongside the main TS file) carry navigation information, may-be they are corrupted

The sidecar files (a set of small files alongside the main TS file) carry navigation information, may-be they are corrupted

Thanks for this info.

Since posting, a new glitch has emerged on 2 other recordings ... during playback it's randomly skipping forward by a few seconds. Rewinding or skipping back 15 sec and replaying, it plays fine so the recording itself is complete (ie it wasn't a transmission fault). The two recordings which its done this on are more recent ones - no evidence of it happening on older recordings.

Could this be related?

Back