FAT32

RichT

I have upgraded to 1/03/12_mod_3/13 - excellent upgrade. Thanks for that. I can now use TTL to mv recordings to a 1TB hard drive (from a failed NAS).

Next requirement is to copy across the .ts files as .mpg so I can play on other devices.

I could do this using Linux on a Raspberry Pi - which I have done with a couple of files. But it's going to be a lot easier if the Humax will read the second 1TB HD which is formatted FAT32.

Everything I have read says the Humax should work with FAT32. It does not. It simply won't recognise the disk.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have upgraded to 1/03/12_mod_3/13
The above upgrade is for the HDR-Fox T2 rather than the FOXSAT-HDR, if you have the T2, then your post is in the wrong section of the forum.

If your Humax is the T2, you can set an "Extract to MPG" flag for all files in a folder using the Webif >> Browse Media Files >> OPT+ option

The T2 can read and write to FAT32 drives, however there is a 4GB file size limit

Last edited:
(Assuming this thread will be moved to the HDR-FOX CF section)

I could do this using Linux on a Raspberry Pi - which I have done with a couple of files. But it's going to be a lot easier if the Humax will read the second 1TB HD which is formatted FAT32.

Everything I have read says the Humax should work with FAT32. It does not. It simply won't recognise the disk.
I take it you mean with the "second 1TB HD" connected to USB using some kind of adapter. It should, if everything is working properly.

See Things Every... (click) section 12.

(Assuming this thread will be moved to the HDR-FOX CF section)

I take it you mean with the "second 1TB HD" connected to USB using some kind of adapter. It should, if everything is working properly.

See Things Every... (click) section 12.
Thanks. Sorry about wrong forum. Both HDs (one humax formatted, the other FAT32) have been tried in the same cradle (ORICO 3588US3) I am aware that some USB3 devices don't work. But I have tried both disks in the original cradle. Only one is recognised. I can't find the second even via TTL - but blkid isn't present. fdisk only shows HD2 (te one that is recognised).

Back