Favourite Channels at startup

ntm1275

I have a favourite Group of channels set up on my HDR and until a couple of weeks ago, every time I turned it on it would always start up with this Favourite group

Now, however, every time I turn the HDR on, it starts up with the default 'TV' group of channels which includes all the channels I don't want and I have to manually switch it back to my favourite group of channels

I think I remember sometime in the distant past that you could set which group of channels to display when the unit is started

I have looked and looked and cannot remember where this is

Can someone point me in the right direction

IIRC, the Power On Channel package is what you want, providing you have the Custom Firmware installed.

I have a favourite Group of channels set up on my HDR and until a couple of weeks ago, every time I turned it on it would always start up with this Favourite group
The disable-ota package has been updated recently to improve its reliability. It is probably responsible for the change you have seen. poweron-channel may solve your problem, but you could also change the default service in the daily 0420 reminder schedule via Guide >> Schedule (yellow).

My reply did say: '...providing you have the Custom Firmware installed', as I am aware that the OP has posted this in the non-CF section.

Forgive me if this is not 100% but I am not at home so this is all from memory.
Select "Guide". Whilst you have the TV guide displayed press the Favourites button (can't remember which colour button) and then use the guide to select a different channel to watch. The guide should now be set to default to Favourites.

Peter

Yep, that used to fix it, the EPG only seems to remember the group if you actually use it to change channel at least once.
I do seem to remember there was a problem a couple of years ago where it did not necessarily remember across power offs, but I think a factory reset or FW reload sorted it.

Luke, where did ntm1275 say all that, it wasn't in this thread, but thanks for clarifying anyway.
In that case shouldn't this thread be moved to Custom Firmware?

As ntm1275 does have CF I would suggest his best option is the "poweron_channel" option since it allows the EPG group to be selected for startup.

IIRC, the Power On Channel package is what you want, providing you have the Custom Firmware installed.
The disable-ota package has been updated recently to improve its reliability. It is probably responsible for the change you have seen. poweron-channel may solve your problem, but you could also change the default service in the daily 0420 reminder schedule via Guide >> Schedule (yellow).
As ntm1275 does have CF I would suggest his best option is the "poweron_channel" option since it allows the EPG group to be selected for startup.
Providing the default service in the daily reminder is set to a channel that is in the favourite group then it wouldn’t bomb out in the first place and "poweron_channel” would not be needed. That way the favourite group would remain but without the dictate of a fixed channel at startup apart from the first startup each day.

If I remember rightly, if you edit the channel in the daily reminder, the entry gets renamed from "disable OTA" to whatever program is on the selected channel at that time.

This means that the entry is not so obvious in the schedule and could easily be deleted in error at some future date, because one of the users forgot or didn't recognise the entry.
Just an observation, but worth noting for those of us with failing memories!!

On that basis it's safer to use POC.

Learned through experience in my case.
It's worth noting also that POC kicks in every time you restart the box not just first time each day.

Forgive me if this is not 100% but I am not at home so this is all from memory.
Select "Guide". Whilst you have the TV guide displayed press the Favourites button (can't remember which colour button) and then use the guide to select a different channel to watch. The guide should now be set to default to Favourites.

This is what it used to do, but following this method does not work any more for some reason

When the HDR goes in to stand by, it reverts back to the default 'TV' channel group when it is brought out of standby

It stopped working about 2 weeks ago

If I remember rightly, if you edit the channel in the daily reminder, the entry gets renamed from "disable OTA" to whatever program is on the selected channel at that time.

This means that the entry is not so obvious in the schedule and could easily be deleted in error at some future date, because one of the users forgot or didn't recognise the entry.
Just an observation, but worth noting for those of us with failing memories!!

On that basis it's safer to use POC.
So add LCN200 to your favourites list.

Back