Favourite List

makem

I always keep all the channels in the TV list and place those I use in a Favourites 1 list.

I remember being advised that the method of making the Favourites list the default list was to select a program from that list. Subsequently that list would be the default one and not the original TV default list which has all my channels in it.

However, although I remember this worked fine, of late it keeps returning to the default TV listing and sometimes I don't notice immediately. I find that rather annoying at times when searching for a program especially when it is due to be aired.

Has the system changed of late and the previous method been abandoned? If so, is there a replacement method?

I knew there would be an answer here! Great forum and can't thank the posters enough, in particular af123.

Site seems to be down at the moment so can't get that package which I had missed, just now:

Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/pkg.class:59: Collected errors: * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable. in procedure 'pkg' called at file "pkg.jim", line 58 at file "/mod/webif/lib/pkg.class", line 59

EDIT: Got it now :)

Rember to make the favourites list "stick" in the guide you have to select a channel from said list after changing to it.
Power On package will do this at boot for you now but its easy to forget if you ever did want to view all the channel then go back to the favourites.

Posted on the move

I have just tried setting the sound to 10 and selecting to watch ITV from the TV listing. I then shut down the box until it clicked and then restarted it.

The program displayed was BBC1, the listing was Favourites1 and the sound level was 20, all as set in the PowerOn package. I am happy with that.

I don't think therefore that you need to select a program from the favourites list to make it 'stick' any more. That is what was needed in the past. I stand to be corrected but that is the experience so far.

You're correct. If you went away from your favourites now to view all channels you then go back you would either have to make them stick manually as I described above or reboot and let power on do it's thing.

Posted on the move

I must be missing something lol

I just went to the TV listing of all channels and selected a program to watch. Then I went back to the Favourites listing and selected a different program.

What I fail to see is why I would need to try to make that program/channel 'stick'. I would just carry on choosing programs or watching recordings from either listing until the time came to turn off the box to save lecky. That would then bring on the PowerOn package.

I must be missing something lol

I just went to the TV listing of all channels and selected a program to watch. Then I went back to the Favourites listing and selected a different program.

What I fail to see is why I would need to try to make that program/channel 'stick'. I would just carry on choosing programs or watching recordings from either listing until the time came to turn off the box to save lecky. That would then bring on the PowerOn package.

It is using "Favourites 1" as the default channel list that has to stick. This happens the first time you select it.

The last list you used generally becomes the default, eg, TV, Radio, HD, Favourites n. You used to have to actually change channels on the old boxes.

I don't think therefore that you need to select a program from the favourites list to make it 'stick' any more. That is what was needed in the past. I stand to be corrected but that is the experience so far.
I think it is only if you select a service that is not in your favourites list that it "unsticks".

I still don't see how it can 'unstick' if after finishing watching you turn off with the remote if you have the PowerOn pack installed. When I turn it back on what I set in PowerOn is always default no matter what I or anyone else was doing previously.

If others don't use the remote to turn off, even if still recording after watching, I wonder what they do lol. I cannot see any reason to leave it on.

But never mind I am happy with the situation.

Back