Feature Request for i-Panel info

With the introduction of raydons sidecar files generator I would like to request af123 for a new feature to allow the webif to manipulate all aspects of the hmt file, like the start and end recording times, the channel number and channel name, the flags etc.

I know this can be done with the telnet cli commands, but it would be nice to see these implemented into the webif rename option.

Would this be acceptable to you af123 ?

With the introduction of raydons sidecar files generator I would like to request af123 for a new feature to allow the webif to manipulate all aspects of the hmt file, like the start and end recording times, the channel number and channel name, the flags etc.

Why?
How often?

If you could explain more why this would be a useful addition to the webif and how it would benefit a significant susbset of the user base it would help to justify the effort needed to implement it.

Manipulating some of these fields could cause problems such as if the state of the OD-encryption flag differs from the actual state of the file so I don't necessarily think it should be too easy to tweak them.
For most users needing to rebuild sidecar files is a very rare event.

MymsMan,

I delete ads on movies recorded on my Humax with third party software on my PC, and I use sidecar files to re-generate the nts and hmt files for these.

I import videos from other sources and use sidecar files to genrerate new nts and hmt files.
I would then like to use the webif to enter all the data for the i-panel info about my source videos, most of which can be done now with the rename option.

Last edited:
I frequently move files about in Windows and then use sidecar files to make them playable.

MymsMan,

I delete ads on movies recorded on my Humax with third party software on my PC, and I use sidecar files to re-generate the nts and hmt files for these.

I import videos from other sources and use sidecar files to genrerate new nts and hmt files.
I would then like to use the webif to enter all the data for the i-panel info about my source videos, most of which can be done now with the rename option.

For the movies recorded on the Humax you should be able to reuse the original hmt file though you would need to regenerate the nts to support skipping.
I hope to be able to announce improvements to on box ad removal in the near future.

For videos from other sources a full hmt editor makes sense though, if I were doing it frequently, I might look at whether it was possible to automate hmt creation from the other video sources equivalent data.

For the movies recorded on the Humax you should be able to reuse the original hmt file though
Surely not if you have moved it into a different folder? Are you sure that you are nor re-inventing the wheel here?

Surely not if you have moved it into a different folder? Are you sure that you are nor re-inventing the wheel here?
hmt files can be moved/copied and renamed to match the new name and location of the ts file.
There is a path field within the hmt but it isn't used so does not need to be kept up to date

This is very interesting, I assume you are one of the programmers then ?
If so, will ad removal be automatically performed on selected recordings ?
Anyone can have a go at writing packages.

There is an existing detectads package (in the experimental section of the package catalogue) which bookmarks the adbreaks.
I have extended the package to, optionally, crop the ads out of the recording and a number of other changes.
It has been submitted to af123 for review and hopefuly inclusion in the catalogue

For the movies recorded on the Humax you should be able to reuse the original hmt file though you would need to regenerate the nts to support skipping.
I hope to be able to announce improvements to on box ad removal in the near future.

For videos from other sources a full hmt editor makes sense though, if I were doing it frequently, I might look at whether it was possible to automate hmt creation from the other video sources equivalent data.

Although you can reuse the original hmt file, irritatingly, it has the wrong recording length. The script provided at http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/change-recording-timestamp.5832/ is a workround for this, but a not really sensible unless integrated into the web interface.

Be nice for sidecar to have an 'update' feature for the hmt file, rather than the recreate (which destroys all the good information about the program) - this would update the length of the recording and perhaps the stripped flag too.

Back