feature request: Kill the screen saver

jack616

I dont know if thats even possible but I'm sick of trying to do things only to have the damn "screen saver"
kick in or the menu drop back to the TV broadcast.

grrr....

Ok, I stand corrected.
So, am I correct in assuming that there is no interface timer_reset other than for affirmation/negation/return/etc inputs?
My HDR's connected via cable, so have not paid attention to that part of it.

Eh? If you mean "does the entry form time out on you if you don't finish your input soon enough", then yes. It bombs back to live TV (or playback, whatever you were doing at the time). I presume the same would apply to any menu that you fail to progress for long enough. The reason I specifically mentioned the WiFi password is because it is a particular bug-bear.

The screen saver kicks in after a few minutes of paused TV / playback / iPlayer, or if live TV hasn't got a signal.

Forgive me, but from my understanding the screensaver kicks in after two minutes and the password is entered via the remote handset in an SMS type (not T5 predictive) fashion?
Please bear with me, as mentioned elsewhere, I've been drinking...hic! lol

Oh yeah, "does the entry form time out on you if you don't finish your input soon enough" is what I was trying to say! Thanks.

It doesnt matter what people are doing - at the time for example I was helping an OAP get his loft aerial working (can't have a roof one)
and running up/down ladders to check actual signal levels on the box.

The fact is if I put something on pause I expect it to stay that way. If I put something on a menu it should stay there until
I tell it otherswise.

That applies doubly so for the dinosaur notion of "screen saving"

This is an argument I've had many times elsewhere, in the context of equipment usability for elderly/disabled. All too often TVs, phones, whatever time out waiting for input too quickly for somebody (for example) with poor sight to peer at a small LCD and work out what to do next.

So yes, I do agree but there's nothing we can do about it except complain to Humax.

dont forget the screensaver is useful !
on scart it wasnt needed due to a bit of tiny shimmering that kept the pixels exercised a bit
hdmi = STILL :)

it would be nice if it was more configurable :)
including being more of a pixelciser
i am suprised there isnt a mod to do diff screensavers by now ;)

If you figure out the graphic files used for the screensaver in opt\share\images\blue\ you (technically speaking) should be able to change it to anything you wish. If the backdrop used is a graphic also, you should be able to set this to transparent (if you wanted to).
The same goes for any of the graphics found in this folder.

But as for changing when the screensaver kicks in or what it does after will require hacking the humaxtv application (which nobody has done yet).

Back