Feature Request: Save Streamed Content

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
The ability to queue a save for when the buffer has stopped increasing for a safe period of time, to a nominated folder and file name, to be actioned in the background (regardless of whether the user is actively browsing the WebIF).

This is so I can trigger off an iPlayer/YouTube playback, set up the save parameters, and not have to remember to come back later to do it.

Assuming Autoplay starts playing the next programme as a result of playback reaching the end of the previous programme, it might be possible with a series of file names at the ready. The average download speed would have to be faster than the rate of playback (which in my case it isn't always).

There is apparently a 15 second pause between programs http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/autoplay which should allow the process to detect the gap between episodes.

iPlayer assumes a human is watching so won't start the next program download until the previous program has completed playing. Even with a slow download the next programme cant start until it has fully downloaded and played the previous programme, but it might be difficult to take advantage of high speed download connections.

This would be great! I sometimes set something streaming and pause it but then forget to come back and save the file...:eek: When dealing with multiple episodes its quite a drawn out process, not helped by my rather large media list which has to be opened each time to name/save the episode.

MET's rename-the-buffer-then-copy-the-renamed-file-in-slow-time trick (click) sounds very useful, it should mean the save process could be moved into the background and streamline the existing WebIF function.

There is apparently a 15 second pause between programs http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/autoplay which should allow the process to detect the gap between episodes.
If the download rate exceeds the live rate, there wouldn't be a problem however short the gap between autoplay programmes is - the download will have completed well before the unattended live play comes to the end of the programme. The problem will be if the data rate can only just keep up with (or is slower than) live play - the reason for the sluggishness could well be dead periods similar in length to the break between autoplay programmes. Under those circumstances one would normally pause playback so that iPlayer doesn't fall back to a lower res feed - and you can't do that unattended (except maybe by injecting IR commands blind).

Back