few noob questions...

Bit of a change of subject but will a cable connect the spdif on the box direct to the optical in on my surround sound or will I need some kind of converter?

Will this cable do yt?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOSLINK-Optical-Optic-Mini-Plug-1-8-Cable-mac-SPDIF-/320811086486
The Humax takes the standard Toslink male as shown on the left in the eBay link, and presumably so will your surround sound. If this is the case, that cable will Not do. I am using optical cables from Poundland, these have a standard Toslink male each end, and are 1 m long, and cost £1.00.:)

Does it look like the port on the left?

SPDIF_big.jpg

I have just looked at the manual for your surround system, and the optical input looks like the standard Toslink port which takes this type of connector.

toslink%20to%203.5mm%202.jpg

This is the same type that fits the Humax boxes.

Bonus mate. EBay'd one.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Now another question (sorry!) Lol. Is freeview in 5.1 or is it stereo and therefore pro logic on my surround through optical?

5.1 is only available on BBC HD, BBC One HD, and Channel 4 HD. Quite a lot of recent films are 5.1, and various drama and entertainment programmes are also 5.1. The promo loop on BBC HD is mainly 5.1 as well.

Back