Filezilla

tommarv

is there a sticky for connecting HD FOX to pc? Im using filezilla, ive put my ip,, and user and pw: into quickconnect. i keep getting

""""Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".""""

I could do with a dummies guide,,:frantic:

is there a sticky for connecting HD FOX to pc? Im using filezilla, ive put my ip,, and user and pw: into quickconnect. i keep getting

""""Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".""""
Have you turned on the FTP server on the Humax?

I could do with a dummies guide,,:frantic:
What exactly are you trying to achieve?

If your aim is to play material you have recorded on an external drive connected to the HD-FOX from the PC, you will need to decrypt the recordings first and then either FTP the file to the PC using the custom firmware FTP server (or just move the drive to the PC), or install the Mediatomb DLNA server (custom firmware again).

Alternatively, if you are trying to stream content on your PC to the HD-FOX, you can do this without custom firmware by installing a DLNA server on your PC.

For information about encryption, see Things Every... (click) section 5.

Black hole said!! If your aim is to play material you have recorded on an external drive connected to the HD-FOX from the PC, you will need to decrypt the recordings first and then either FTP the file to the PC using the custom firmware FTP server (or just move the drive to the PC), or install the Mediatomb DLNA server (custom firmware again).

"""and then either FTP the file to the PC using the custom firmware FTP server""" this is my aim How do I FTP to PC using custom firmware? Ive got filezilla on pc now, as anyone got a address for foxy.exe? 4shared was a bit "leggy and tantrails"

Please see my helpful links below this post (presuming you have signatures turned on) which will fill you in with everything you need to know about installing the custom firmware for HD-FOX. You will then have to decrypt your content as per the information I have already pointed you to, and install the betaftp package. Foxy is only a step in the process, only applies to HiDef recordings, and is irrelevant to HD-FOX anyway (the CF is essential for decryption on HD-FOX, and with the CF you don't need Foxy).

It's all there if you can be bothered to read it, many hours have been spent writing it, and I do not intend to write it all out again.

Things Every HD/HDR-FOX Owner Should Know (click)

Custom Firmware Quick Start Guide (click)

Back