Finally!

RobH1

After nearly six years of FoxT2 ownership and not looking forward to the prospect of losing schedules with all the upcoming retunes (again) whilst away, I finally took the plunge and installed CF.

Ok ok, I know you've all been advocating the benefits for years but I thought I could manage without.

Now it's installed with disable dso/ota, rs, tunefix, auto updates etc., I can't believe I've been so dim! I will now be looking for another T2 as backup in case of failure as there is no comparative box out there.

It's amazing and a credit to all the contributors who have made it possible. Thanks chaps.

Rob (Eating humble pie).

Also after nearly 6 years a member on this site you have only just persuaded yourself to indulge in the CF. Shame on you.
Ok ok, I know you've all been advocating the benefits for years but I thought I could manage without.
And think of the fun you have missed out on.

Welcome to the club (I didn't realise you were previously only an associate member!).

You've jumped in after the trials and tribulations - not that there have been too many. The ultimate in late adopters!

I've been busy since, swotting up on the CF forum-feels like I'm back doing A-levels!

Last edited:
And all this time wasted on forum but not indulging in a bit of cutting edge old hat technology. To exercise my right to the use of an oxymoron.

Tip (if you are not exclusively BBC): detectads. I prefer it to just place bookmarks at the end of ad breaks rather than let it actually cut anything!

Ok BH, works for me, thanks. I'm using the chasrun process combined with the undelete package. I now understand how the HDD can fill up quickly with the extra files.
CF takes a lot of reading up ( because of late take-up) and some of it goes over my head as I have limited knowledge in these areas, but I will persevere in stages. However, I can see too much time disappearing if I delve too far. ( Not that I'm averse to learning more ).
As I said to Trev, I have a life outside the Forum but I sincerely appreciate the efforts of others who make my life easier.
Indeed, I'm re-aquainting myself with my avatar from Sunday, so no headache inducing reading for a while, ouzo excepted! :cool:

I'm not sure there's much reading up required, if you just accept it for what it is and assume things will "just work". That's what most of the newbies seem to do anyway!

If you find a package you like the look of, just install it and then check the WebIF settings page for any configuration preferences. Anything the package depends on will be installed automatically. Other than that, there's a lot built into the WebIF, and it's a classic GUI with all the help you need in front of you or popping up with a mouse hover.

I'm not sure there's much reading up required, if you just accept it for what it is and assume things will "just work". That's what most of the newbies seem to do anyway!
Sure I agree, but I like to avoid the 'Things everyone should know......' should I ask a question. ;)

Back