Find - Genre > Film, Film4 Issue

ian_j

At a loose end so decided to use the actual box for a change to look to see what films are coming up this/next week.

I used Find - Genre > Movies

Scrolled down the list and saw The Ladykillers on Film 4+1 on 24/07 at 18:00

I thought I'd set it instead on Film 4 but having searched up and down the list I've realised that Film 4 isn't shown.

Went back into the EPG and Film 4 is there on channel 15

A manual search for Ladykillers shows four results, two on Film 4 & two on Film 4+1

Can anyone else replicate this or explain why Film4+1 is showing results but not Film4

Very strange.

[Edit]

Just noticed that Channel 5 isn't shown either but Channel 5+1 is.

No problem with Find - Genre > Movie for either broadcasters on my HDR Fox-T2 and HD Fox-T2, both with latest standard software and manually tuned to Emley Moor.

Martin

No problem with Find - Genre > Movie for either broadcasters on my HDR Fox-T2 and HD Fox-T2, both with latest standard software and manually tuned to Emley Moor.

Martin
So you can see films on Film4 & Channel5 on the list when viewing the Genre of Movie.

I don't know why they aren't showing on our Hummy, both channels are on the Guide and both show if I do a manual search for a title from Film4+1 or Channel5+1.

I'll try a retune.

The search on the Humax has a limit to the maximum number in finds (400 I think) and the order that it finds them seems quite random, it may be that the Film4 and Channel5 entries didn't make the list due to hitting this maximum number

The search on the Humax has a limit to the maximum number in finds (400 I think) and the order that it finds them seems quite random, it may be that the Fim4 and Channel5 entries didn't make the list due to hitting this maximum number

I'd have thought a film that is on Film 4 today would make the 400 as the list of films is shown in date/time order.

Seems weird that it's for two +1 channels, weirdly they are next to each other on the EPG (44 and 45)

Until someone else replicates it I suppose there's not a lot we can do.

Last December I also had the same observation with 1.02.20 and 1.3.06 (or what ever was the latest with CF at Christmas) of Film4 not appearing but film4+1 being OK. So I had another look just now on 1.3.12 to remind myself of the circumstances and I can no longer reproduce it with >400 results or <400 results. I believe I originally noticed it when <400 shortly after installing CF, but guessed that installing CF was just a coincidence.
One thing I did notice when this was happening is that if I sorted the result list into alphabetical sequence some channels would have most (but not all) of their entries missing but if I scrolled down 80% of the list the missing entries would be there with another range of A-Z. I'm use to that for HD channels in 1.02.20 and 1.03.06 when results >400, but not for any results when <400.
When I first noticed this I found it very perplexing as I had no explanation of why I had not noticed it before. I also have no explanation of why I cannot reproduce it today.
I also no longer have consistent treatment of the HD entries anymore with 1.03.12, ( I don't usually use HD on my 1.02.20 so cannot comment on 1.02.20 and HD anymore).

My conclusion now is that it can happen on any software but it doesn't happen all weeks, but once it starts to happen it continues to happen for a period.
I have already given up trying to work out what triggers it and which entries it picks to treat differently.

I thought I'd set it instead on Film 4 but having searched up and down the list I've realised that Film 4 isn't shown.

Have you tried use the blue button to sort the list and then see if you can find film4 in the results list?

Back