Firmware update and package installation.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
  • satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for auto-unprotect:
  • busybox * inotify-tools * hmt * recmon (>= 2.0.7) * webif (>= 1.2.4) *
  • opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package auto-unprotect.
In as much as auto-unprotect is the granddaddy of all packages, from when there was practically no other infrastructure, its requirements seem to have inflated rather a lot. Busybox?

Has auto-unprotect been brought into WebIF auto-processing?

Use an Ethernet-Wireless converter.
(for the OP's benefit) See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/wifi-dongle-compatibility.10150:
There are alternatives to wired network or a WiFi dongle: HomePlug (AKA Powerline, eg Devolo), or a nano-router used in client mode (eg TP-Link WR702N).

xyz321

Has auto-unprotect been brought into WebIF auto-processing?
I think this happened when auto-unprotect was upgraded to version 2.x.x. I have an old version 1.0.9 which is not dependent upon recmon and webif if that would help the with installation from USB stick.

OP
F

fireman

I think this happened when auto-unprotect was upgraded to version 2.x.x. I have an old version 1.0.9 which is not dependent upon recmon and webif if that would help the with installation from USB stick.
That would be great. Thanks

xyz321

Bundles should now be fixed.

If you download the bundles for auto-unprotect and ntfs-3g and put them on a USB stick, they should install without errors (fingers crossed).