Firmware ver1.00.27 for PVR9300T

John1212

Hi,
Does anyone have a copy of firmware v1.00.27 (loader a4.40) that they could let me have a copy of.

I stupidly overwrote one of my boxes with ver1.00.26 and now it is not possible to tune any channels on it.

I kicked myself round the room a few times and then searched for the right version but can't find it anywhere - humax site only has ver 1.00.26.

Alternatively does anyone know of a way of copying it from the box itself - I have another box with v1.00.27 on it.

Many thanks in anticipation ............

If 1.00.27 has only ever been released pre-installed and not as a download or an OTA update, nobody will be able to help you. Even it if has been transmitted as an OTA update, it is unlikely anybody managed to grab it.

It was never broadcast and only came on units where it had been installed during manufacture. If I recall correctly Barry reported that it was functionally identical to 1.00.26 but included factory checks. There were never any hints posted that I read from anywhere which would have suggested that this was not the case.

overwrote one of my boxes with ver1.00.26 and now it is not possible to tune any channels on it.
If no one answers on myhumax.org then I suspect that your only avenue will be to bend the ear of humax support

My suspicion is that something else may be happening here.

If you tried a default setting?

It is possible no-one will have it but I thought it worth asking the question here in case someone in the past had managed to acquire a copy from Humax and still has it around.

I have asked the question of humax support and just noticed I had an email back and the person responding says :-

"Thank you for contacting Humax. I'm afraid I don't have the software version available now as we have discontinued this model, but if you check back with on Monday using this email I can speak with some of my colleagues and see if we can locate a version for you."

I have seen a few reports saying it was functionally similar/same but considered that may mean cosmetically it appears the same but under the hood it may be working with different hardware - don't know.

I have tried a factory default and also reverting back to 1.00.23 and then back to 1.00.26 again - each time no tuning capability - which was working until the firmware change.

I also viewed the hidden menu which showed the MICOM version number is different 2.36 in the machines with the later firmware installed (2.35 in the earlier machine) - don't know if that is significant in terms of hardware - it may be perfectly compatible but just failing because of a lookup error???.

If I recall correctly Barry reported that it {1.00.27} was functionally identical to 1.00.26 but included factory checks.
If that is the case, and the OP's box won't tune, is it likely to be the wrong firmware version or something else?

We have an instance on HDR-FOX where a new firmware was required to accommodate a replacement tuner module (the RE model). IIRC the updated firmware was only released pre-installed on hardware the needed it (but was eventually superseded by a general firmware update). RE hardware flashed with previous firmware wouldn't work in a similar way to the instance here.

I am hypothesising that the 9300 had some run-out units with revised tuners (due to no more stock of the original tuner module) which required a special firmware release (1.00.27), but which was not made generally available either because it would have been incompatible with original hardware or because there was no benefit in it.

Time permitting I'll take a closer look at the units to see if I can spot any obvious physical differences / part number changes.

Back