Fitting Seagate 1TB drive

Bogbody

Today I fitted a new hard drive to my Foxsat_HDR.
This hard drive: .....

Fitted Ok, booted up, formatted via the Humax menu and so far is working fine. Its quiet!
Did a custom firmware re-install and discovered that Nowsters settop patch is no longer available - whoops - who should have cloned the drive!

The 320 gig Seagate pipeline drive originally fitted, was also a model that auto-senses the interface speed, so the new 1TB just worked.

I'm currently copying various films back onto the new hard drive.

Now, what about settop patch? :)

Just out of curiosity:
  • Isn't Nowster's Patch a firmware patch?

• If so, why would you need to apply it again?

Well, just put it down to another Glorious Bogbody Screw Up (GBSU). I'm good at them. :cool:
Basicaly the Foxsat got stuck in a loop and kept asking to instal the full UI. It all started to work again after a reinstall of the CF from USB - so (in my obviously mistaken) belief needing Nowsters settop patch.

Yes..... I was wrong, wrong.... wrong :)

Isn't Nowster's Patch a firmware patch?
No. It's a patch that gets applied to a copy of the Humax settop executable which is originally in ROM, but obviously gets created on the hard disk when patched. The disk version is then run instead of the ROM version.
so (in my obviously mistaken) belief needing Nowsters settop patch.
You may have needed it, depending on whether the CF stuff got deleted from the hard disk or not.

No. It's a patch that gets applied to a copy of the Humax settop executable which is originally in ROM, but obviously gets created on the hard disk when patched. The disk version is then run instead of the ROM version.

You may have needed it, depending on whether the CF stuff got deleted from the hard disk or not.
I fitted a new, blank hard drive --- so I did need it. :)

Back